|News & Analysis|
July 14, 2011
1. 5 Nurses Fired, California Hospital Sued Over Stillborn Delivery Due to Infection.
2. CDC Publishes Guide to Infection Prevention for Outpatient Settings. Includes Patient Safety Tool: Downloadable Infection Prevention Checklist.
3. New York's Interfaith Medical Center Receives OSHA Citation for Workplace Hazards.
4. Patient Safety Tool: Environmental Checklist for Monitoring Terminal Cleaning From CDC.
5. ASC Industry's Premier Event: 18th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference (Oct. 27-29, 2011; Chicago) Download the brochure by clicking here (pdf). 90 Sessions, 132 Speakers. Great Keynote Speakers Including Bill Walton, Sam Donaldson and Adrian Gostick. Learn more and register today!
6. Joint Commission Creates New 'Immediate Threat to Life' Standard, Revises Focused Self-Assessment EPs.
7. Maine Physician Advocates Patient Co-Pilot Checklist for Hospital Safety.
8. Free Upcoming Webinar: Future of Hospital/Physician ASC Joint Ventures: New Reasons to Partner, New Ownership Models That Work (July 28, 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To register, click here.
9. Consumer Reports: Drug Labels Sometimes Lack Key Safety Warnings.
10. Nurses' Aides Have Least Workplace Safety in Washington State.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Cygnus Medical