|News & Analysis|
March 31, 2011
1. Infection Outbreak at Alabama Hospitals Leads to 9 Patient Deaths.
2. Florida's All Children's Hospital Contacts Patients After Employee Dies From Infection.
3. 4 Sessions Added on Infection Control: Register for the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11, Chicago).
4. Understanding and Controlling the Hazards of Surgical Smoke.
Written by Debra A. Novak, DSN, RN, and Stacey M. Benson, MS, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, National Personal Protective Technology, Laboratory.
5. 8 Ways for Surgery Centers to Reduce Look-Alike/Sound-Alike Drug Errors.
6. Disinfectant Surface Wipes: Effective or Simply Convenient?
Written by Jack Wagner of Micro-Scientific
7. Rules for Beyond Use Dating of Meds Drawn Into Syringes: Q&A With Anesthesiologist Dr. Clifford Gevirtz.
8. VA Patient Outcomes Bring Change at Hospitals.
9. New Study Reveals Scrubs are Carriers of Deadly Bacteria.
Written by Dr. Charles Kinder of Heart Rhythm Program, Heart Care Centers of Illinois, and DocFroc.
10. Low Health Literacy Linked to Higher Risk of Death, Poorer Health.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: APIC