|News & Analysis|
March 1, 2011
1. 20 Questions to Ensure an Acceptable, Effective Infection Prevention Program.
Features insight from Dr. Bernard McDonnell of Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program
.2. Hospitals Start to Prohibit Surgical Attire From Being Worn Outside. 3. Physician Expert: 70% of Healthcare-Associated Infections are Preventable. 4. How to Determine Which Types of Surfaces are Appropriate for Disinfectants: Q&A With Jack Wagner of Micro-Scientific.
Learn more about Micro-Scientific
5. What accreditation standard does your organization find most challenging? Let us know by e-mailing email@example.com.
6. What the Infection Preventionists Should Be Looking at in a Sterile Processing Department.
Written by Rose Seavey of Seavey Healthcare Consulting, Inc.
7. Precleaning With Detergent, Wiping Effective in C. Diff Decontamination.
8. Study: Cleaning Wound More Important Than Antibiotic Choice for Skin Infection.
9. Patient Safety Tool: Joint Commission's 'Do Not Use' List of Abbreviations.
10. Study: Warming Local Anesthetics Reduces Injection Pain.
Thank you to APIC for sponsoring Becker's Operating Room Clinical Quality & Infection Control E-Weekly. APIC is hosting the upcoming "Infection Prevention for Ambulatory Surgery Centers: Meeting CMS Conditions for Coverage" meeting April 4-5 in Las Vegas. Learn more about the program by clicking here.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: APIC
and JHP Pharmaceuticals