|News & Analysis|
February 14, 2013
Download the Digital Edition of the February issue.
1. 10 Top Patient Safety Issues for 2013.
2. 5 Tips on Engaging Physicians in Major Process Changes.
3. 10 Guiding Principles for Patient-Centered Care.
4. Turning Heart Failure Into Heart Success: Transitioning CHF Patients to Home.
5. Upcoming webinar: Debunking the Myths of Out-of-Network Reimbursements (Tues., Feb. 26, 1:15 PM-2:15 PM CST). To learn more or register,.
6. Study: Wide Variation in Implementation of Strategies to Reduce Readmissions.
7. Study Finds Social Factors Linked to Hospital Readmissions, Mortality.
8. How Health Systems Can Create a Robust, Enterprise-Wide Patient Safety Program.
9. Report: Top Academic Medical Centers Have High Variation in Care Practices.
10. Hear from Mike Krzyzewski (Coach K), Geoff Colvin, Brad Gilbert and Forrest Sawyer at the 11th Annual Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference June 13-15 in Chicago! To register or learn more, .
11. Study: Higher Patient Satisfaction is Linked to Lower Hospital Readmissions.
12. The Joint Commission to Add 2 Medical/Surgical Hospital Requirements.
13. CMS to Develop Survey on Patient Experience in the ED.
14. Study: 37% of Physicians Give in to Patients' Demands for Brand-Name Drugs.
15. Study: Surgery Generally More Cost-Effective Than Radiation for Prostate Cancer.
16. Surgeons Make Preventable Mistakes 4,000 Times a Year, Study Says.
17. Hospital Cleaning Protocol Has Limited Effect on Multidrug-Resistant Bacteria.
18. 6 Risk Factors for Central Venous Catheter-Related Blood Stream Infections.
19. Strategies to Prevent Multidrug-Resistant Organism Outbreaks.
20. Study: 26% of C. Diff Patients Received Only Unnecessary Antimicrobials.
21. 7 Hospital and Health System CEOs: What Disruptive Innovation Means to Me.
22. Which Hospital Markets Had the Best 2013 Value-Based Purchasing Results?
23. 3 Simple Ways Hospitals Can Engage Patients in Their Care.
24. Population Health Management is a Two-Way Street: Encouraging Patient Engagement.
25. Database of Downloadable Safety and Quality Tools & Resources Now Available.
26. 51 Hospitals With the Lowest 30-Day Mortality Rates For Pneumonia.
View all these stories and download the entire issue.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Healthmark, Medline and APIC.