|News & Analysis|
February 12, 2013
1. Top 10 Sentinel Events Reviewed by Joint Commission in 2012.
2. The Next Step in Using Data to Cut Readmissions: Embedding Analytics in EHRs.
3. John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award Recipients Announced.
4. Upcoming webinar: Debunking the Myths of Out-of-Network Reimbursements (Tues., Feb. 26, 1:15 PM-2:15 PM CST). To learn more or register,.
5. Patient Safety Tool: Discharge Checklist & Care Transition Plan.
6. Advanced Medical Teams: Improving Patient Health, Care Coordination at Iowa Health.
7. Hear from Mike Krzyzewski (Coach K), Geoff Colvin, Brad Gilbert and Forrest Sawyer at the 11th Annual Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference June 13-15 in Chicago! To register or learn more, .
8. Study: Infection Control Compliance Rate Increases Nearly 95% With Improved Communication.
9. ISMP Calls on Hospitals to Stop Using Insulin Pens.
10. Click here to nominate a hospital, health system, physician practice or surgery center for 100 Great Places to Work in Healthcare - 2013! Nominations close Feb. 15.
11. The Joint Commission Appoints Dr. Daniel Castillo Medical Director of Healthcare Quality Evaluation.
12. Study: Rate of Patients Dying in Hospital Drops Nearly 25%.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Clorox, Medline and APIC.