|News & Analysis|
August 30, 2012
1. 5 Key Areas CMS Looks at in ASC Surveys.
2. 6 Tips for Engaging Physicians in Quality Reporting.
3. Gastrointestinal Complications, Surgical Infections Account for Half of Readmissions.
4. Upcoming webinars:
Data-Driven Supply Chain Decision Making (Tues., Oct. 2, 1:15 PM-2:15 PM CT). To learn more or register, .5. Patient Safety Tool: Preoperative Checklist. 6. Patient Safety Tool: Toolkit for ICU Safety.
Lead the Change to Improve Patient Safety & Quality: Moving Beyond Direct Observation to Electronic Hand Hygiene Monitoring (Thurs., Sept. 27, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM CT). To learn more or register, .
7. 19th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference - October 25-27, 2012. As margins have become tighter for ASCs, more ASCs have turned to anesthesia as a means of improving margins and securing great coverage. Given the OIG advisory opinion on the subject, we've added a roundtable discussion to be held at the Becker's 19th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference that will discuss the OIG opinion and the risks related to various anesthesia models. This session will be led by Scott Becker. Early registration discounts end this Friday To learn more and register, .
8. Micropauses May Prevent Surgeon Fatigue. 9. Study Questions Validity of Stroke Quality Measure.
10. Winning Skeptics Over to Quality Initiatives.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Zawna, APIC and TYRX.