|News & Analysis|
September 13, 2012
1. MedPAC: 67% of Hospitals Face Readmissions Penalty.
2. AHRQ Wants Consumer Reporting System for Adverse Events.
3. Physician Empathy Linked to Positive Outcomes, Study Suggests.
4. Upcoming webinar: Lead the Change to Improve Patient Safety & Quality: Moving Beyond Direct Observation to Electronic Hand Hygiene Monitoring (Thurs., Sept. 27, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM CT). To learn more or register, .
5. Patient Safety Tool: Bloodborne Pathogens Toolkit. 6. Reduced Out-of-Pocket Expenses Boost Medication Adherence.
7. 19th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference - October 25-27, 2012. Only 58 spots remain! Infection prevention efforts require total buy-in from major stakeholders. Lorri A. Downs, vice president of clinical services, infection prevention and patient safety at Medline Industries, discusses how ASCs can make the business case for infection prevention to key stakeholders. To learn more about this and other can't-miss sessions on patient safety, quality and infection control at the 19th Annual ASC Conference, .
8. National Patient Safety Project Reduced CLABSI by 40%. 9. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates Offers Statements on Reprocessing.
10. Written Reflections May Improve Residents' Quality of Care.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Healthmark, ICNet and TYRX.