|News & Analysis|
September 6, 2012
1. 44 Benchmarks on Hospital Readmissions.
2. 4 Strategies to Boost Hospitals' HCAHPS Scores.
3. 5 Steps to Emergency Preparedness.
4. Upcoming webinar: Lead the Change to Improve Patient Safety & Quality: Moving Beyond Direct Observation to Electronic Hand Hygiene Monitoring (Thurs., Sept. 27, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM CT). To learn more or register, .
5. Patient Safety Tool: Hospital Work Plan. 6. 14 California Hospitals Fined for Patient Safety Errors.
7. 19th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference - October 25-27, 2012. Early Registration Discounts Extended Until Sept. 10! Infection prevention efforts require total buy-in from major stakeholders. Lorri A. Downs, vice president of clinical services, infection prevention and patient safety at Medline Industries, discusses how ASCs can make the business case for infection prevention to key stakeholders. To learn more about this and other can't-miss sessions on patient safety, quality and infection control at the 19th Annual ASC Conference, .
8. 6 Risk Factors for Incorrect Surgical Counts. 9. 5 Risk Factors for Perioperative Pressure Ulcers.
10. Chuck Lauer: Greater Awareness of HAIs Has Not Translated Into Action.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: TYRX, Healthmark and ICNet.