|News & Analysis|
September 4, 2012
1. 5 Essential Aspects of Fluid Waste Management in a Surgical Facility.
2. 5 Tips on How to Improve Patient Safety With the Help of Technology.
3. 4 Strategies for Adopting Evidence-Based Care Pathways.
4. Upcoming webinars:
Lead the Change to Improve Patient Safety & Quality: Moving Beyond Direct Observation to Electronic Hand Hygiene Monitoring (Thurs., Sept. 27, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM CT). To learn more or register, .5. Patient Safety Tool: Medication Calendar. 6. Patient Safety Tool: Team Building Exercise.
Hospital Joint Venture ASCs: Why Less is More (Wed., Sept. 12, 1:00-2:00 PM CT). To learn more or register, .
7. 19th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference - October 25-27, 2012. Infection prevention efforts require total buy-in from major stakeholders. Lorri A. Downs, vice president of clinical services, infection prevention and patient safety at Medline Industries, discusses how ASCs can make the business case for infection prevention to key stakeholders. To learn more about this and other can't-miss sessions on patient safety, quality and infection control at the 19th Annual ASC Conference, .
8. Third UTMC Employee Suspended After Botched Kidney Transplant. 9. AORN Recommended Practices for Infection Prevention Open for Comment.
10. Nurse Leader Resistance Poses Barrier to Quality Care.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: VanishPoint, HealthMark, ICNet.