Nov. 14, 2011
Download the Digital Edition of the Nov./Dec. Issue of Becker's Hospital Review (pdf).
1. 10 Biggest Hospital Stories of 2011.
2. From Treating the Sick to Managing Community Health: Hospitals' New Role in Managing Population Health.
3. From Cop to CEO: Q&A With Chris Van Gorder of Scripps Health.
4. Publisher's Letter.
5. 200 Hospital Benchmarks.
6. Saline Memorial Hospital CEO Opportunity. Saline Memorial Hospital in Benton, Ark., is seeking a hospital CEO. Incumbent requires Master of Science in Health Care Administration and at least 5 years experience as CEO in hospital with at least 75-bed capacity. Qualified candidates are invited to send resume and salary requirements to: Saline Memorial Hospital, 1 Medical Park Drive, Benton, AR 72015 or to email@example.com. For more information, .
7. Opportunities in the New Bundled Payment Initiative.
8. Redesigning Healthcare Delivery Through Bundled Payments for Care: Q&A With Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation's Valinda Rutledge.
9. 56 Women Hospital and Healthcare Leaders to Know.
10. Shattering Glass Ceilings: Women in the Hospital C-Suite.
11. 7 Trends for Non-Profit Hospital Executive Salaries.
12. 7 Reasons Hospitals Struggle to Align With Physicians.
13. 4 Best Practices for Supporting Employed Physicians' Independence.
14. Hospitals Acquiring Physician Practices: 9 Recent Transactions.
15. Survey: 65% of Employers Interested in ACO Model.
16. Only 9 Percent of Physicians Feel Ready for "Business Side" of Medicine.
17. Study Finds Weak Correlation Between Financial Incentives, Improved Quality of Care.
18. NEJM Analysis of Physician Group Practice Demo Results Questions ACOs' Success.
19. Physicians Fight to Keep the Word "Doctor" to Themselves.
20. 42% of Primary Care Physicians Say Their Patients Receive Too Much Care.
21. Physicians Focus on Various Factors When Referring to Colleagues.
22. Calling It Off: Why Some Hospital Mergers Fail and Others Don't.
23. The Ins and Outs of Successful Hospital Insurance Negotiations and Service.
24. ICD-10: Will It Kill a Hospital's Productivity?
25. 9 Recommendations for Hospital Health IT Staffing and Training.
26. 12 Elements to Support a Viable Health IT and Telehealth Infrastructure.
27. ONC Releases Federal Health IT Strategic Plan for 2011-2015.
28. Report: Healthcare Organizations Under-Prepared to Protect Patients' Information.
29. Study: Providers May Not See Improved Outcomes From Meaningful Use Until Stage 2.
30. Avoiding "Stupid" in Healthcare Leadership: Q&A With Glenn Fosdick, CEO of The Nebraska Medical Center.
31. 8 Untraditional Ways to Retain the Best and Brightest in Healthcare.
32. From Nurse to CEO: Q&A With Marina Del Rey CEO Fred Hunter.
33. Looking Ahead in Healthcare: Finding Optimism in Change.
34. Quint Studer: Mastering the Fine Art of Follow-Up.
35. 5 Communication Strategies for Hospital CEOs.
36. 70 Hospitals With Great Cardiology Programs.
37. Hospital & Health System Transactions.
38. Hospital & Health System Executive Moves.
Physician Executive Compensation: How Are Top Physician Leaders Paid?
View these stories and download the entire issue.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Orthopedic Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Objective Health, CEP America, ASCOA and Surgical Directions.