Oct. 8, 2012
Download the Digital Edition of the October Issue.
1. Hospital and Health System Strategy in 2012: 6 Key Initiatives.
2. What Can Healthcare Learn From Other Industries? 5 Lessons.
3. Credit Downgrades: How Could They Impact a Hospital's Capital Structure?
4. Publisher's Letter.
5. 101 Hospitals With Great Orthopedic Programs.
6. Facing Challenges With Meaningful Affiliations: Q&A With The Mount Sinai Medical Center CEO Dr. Kenneth Davis.
7. Unafraid to Change Her Mind: Q&A With Dr. Melinda Estes, CEO of Saint Luke's Health System.
8. Upcoming Webinars:
Cost? Growth? Quality? Patient Safety? In 18 Months, Radiology Could Be Your Most Important Service Line (Tues. October 23, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT). To register, .
Ownership Considerations for Health Systems Developing or Buying Ambulatory Surgery Centers (Tues., October 30, 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To register, .
9. Ideas Into Action: 3 Hospital CEOs Talk Strategy Going Into 2013.
6. Overworked and Exhausted: How to Alleviate Nursing Resources Through Employee Engagement and Recognition.
7. 5 Questions for Building Physician Engagement.
8. 5 Compensation Options for ACO Physicians.
9. The New Competitive Edge for Hospitals and ACOs: Employee Health.
10. It's Time for CEOs and Boards to Come Together on Compensation Issues to Ensure Profitability.
11. Raising Hospital Value Multiples: 5 Best Practices.
12. Transparency is the Key: 3 Tips to Manage Physician Opposition to a Transaction Finance & Revenue Cycle.
13. 8 Tips to Improve Your Hospital's Operating Margin.
14. 4 Key Legal Issues for ACOs.
15. 2013 Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting - Speakers Sought. We are seeking to highlight and share practices from the nations highest quality hospitals. Specifically we seek proposals on best practices to capture, track and report key quality indicators and best practices to reduce infection rates. If you would like to be considered, please email Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Carolinas HealthCare System's CMO Dr. Roger Ray: Embracing Transparency to Drive Quality.
17. Moving Beyond Traditional Hospital Operations: The Value of Integrating Service Lines Health Information Technology.
18. CMS Releases Final Rule for Stage 2 of the EHR Incentive Program.
19. 6 Steps for Hospitals to Achieve Interoperability.
20. Chuck Lauer: Greater Awareness of HAIs Has Not Translated Into Action.
21. Hospital & Health System Transactions.
22. Hospital & Health System Executive Moves.
View all these stories and the digital edition.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers:
MedeAnalytics, Regent Surgical Health, ReDoc and Duke Realty.