Oct. 5, 2012
1. 120 Women Hospital and Health System Leaders to Know.
2. 14 Recent Hospital Layoffs.
3. CMS Miscalculates Readmissions Rates, More Than 1K Hospitals to Face Higher Penalties.
4. Upcoming Webinars:
Hospitals 2013: 10 Key Issues; Physician Alignment; The Changing Financial Situation; Can Hospitals Remain Independent and More (Thurs., October 18, 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To register,
Cost? Growth? Quality? Patient Safety? In 18 Months, Radiology Could Be Your Most Important Service Line (Tues. October 23, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT). To register, .
Ownership Considerations for Health Systems Developing or Buying Ambulatory Surgery Centers (Tues., October 30, 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To register, .
5. 5 Things to Consider When Acquiring a Physician Practice.
6. OIG to Focus on Same-Day Hospital Readmissions, Physician Practice Billing in 2013.
7. Phoebe Putney Claims Palmyra Acquisition Was an Act of the State.
8. SEIU Sues Jackson Health, CEO Carlos Migoya For Public Records.
9. Anthem Blue Cross to Pay $150k Over Data Breach Allegations.
10. 2013 Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting.
We are seeking hospital and health system CEO and CFO panelists for the Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting on May 9-11, 2013, in Chicago. If you have an interest in participating in a panel, please email Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also seeking nominations for the 2013 Becker's Hospital Review Leadership Awards. Nominees should be individuals who have shown unusual leadership in healthcare. The leadership awards will be presented at the speakers' dinner at the 2013 Annual Meeting. Please send nominations to LaurenGroeper at email@example.com
11. 4 Must-Have Traits for Hospital Employees in a Value-Based World.
12. 8 Latest Hospital Cardiovascular Expansions.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers:
ASCOA, TeamHealth and VMG Health.