Oct. 1, 2012
1. 5 Questions Hospital Executives Should Ask Before Employing Physicians.
2. CEO Compensation of the 25 Top-Grossing Non-Profit Hospitals.
3. West Penn Allegheny Calls Off Highmark Merger.
4. Hear Howard Dean, MD, Former Six-Term
Governor of Vermont and Former Chairman of the
Democratic National Committee Take on Ari Fleischer,
Former White House Press Secretary and Primary
Spokesperson for President George W. Bush in a Debate
on Healtcare and Politics at the19th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (Oct. 25-27; Chicago). Registration ends October 10th; there are only 20 spots left - register today!
5. Pension Management Predicaments? 3 Dominant Hospital Pension Strategies.
6. Managing Population Health: Where Should Hospitals Begin?
7. Survey Finds Few Physicians Optimistic About ACOs.
8. As Hospitals Stay Mum About Departing Physicians, Patients Grow Frustrated.
9. Leadership Awards. Becker's Hospital Review is also seeking nominations for this year's Becker's Hospital Review Leadership Awards. Nominees should be people
who have shown unusual leadership in healthcare. The leadership awards will be presented at the speakers dinner at the 2013 Annual Meeting. Please send nominees
to Lauren Groeper at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Scott Becker at email@example.com.
10. ACO and Patient-Centered Medical Homes: How One Organization Is Diving Into Both Models.
11. Steward Health Care Terminates Acquisition of Landmark Medical Center in Rhode Island.
12. 117 Hospital CFO Profiles.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers:
VMG Health, Regent Surgical Health and ReDoc.