Sept. 14, 2012
1. Obama Vs. Romney on Healthcare Reform - See Our Handy Chart on Where They Agree, Disagree.
2. 13 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions.
3. Study Links Physician Group Practice Demo to Big Savings for Dual Eligibles.
4. Does Your Hospital's Strategy for 2013 Beat
Your Competitors'? At the Becker's Hospital Review Annual Chief Executive Officer Strategy Roundtable on Nov. 1, 2012, in Chicago, 11 current and former hospital and health system CEOs will discuss the upcoming election, ACOs, value-based payments, physician alignment and other major industry trends that affect hospital strategy. To learn more or register, .
5. The Benefits and Challenges of CO-OPs: Where Do They Fit in Healthcare Reform?
6. MedPAC: 67% of Hospitals Face Readmissions Penalty.
7. Patients Bypass Close Rural Hospitals in Favor of Farther, Non-Rural Facilities.
8. Top 25 Diagnoses for Pioneer ACOs.
9. Upcoming Webinar. Lead the Change to Improve Patient Safety & Quality: Moving Beyond Direct Observation to Electronic Hand Hygiene Monitoring (Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT). To register or learn more, .
10. The Road to Stage 2 Meaningful Use: Q&A With CMS' Office of E-Health Standards & Services Director Elizabeth Holland.
11. Moody's: Universal Health Services' Acquisition Strategy May Limit Debt Repayment.
12. Fitch: HCA's Liquidity Solid, But Near-Term Debt Causes Some Concern.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers:
Vantage Outsourcing, VMG Health and ASCOA.