|News & Analysis|
June 20, 2011
1. Quint Studer: One Simple, Powerful Way to Improve Communication at Your Hospital.
2. 19 Recent Hospital Executives Moves.
3. Texas Lifts Ban on Physician Employment at Rural Hospitals.
4. Complimentary McGuireWoods Webinar: Hospital Tax Exempt Status & Updates (Thurs., June 23, 2011 12 Noon - 1:00 PM CDT). To register and learn more, .
5. 6 Recent Stark, False Claims and Kickback Lawsuits Involving Hospitals and Systems.
6. HCA to Acquire Full Ownership of Denver's HCA-HealthONE for $1.45B.
7. Lifespan Hospital Group to Pay Boston's Tufts Medical Center $14.2M For Misconduct.
8. Non-Profit Hospitals Received $8.26B in 2010 Donations, 8% Increase from 2009.
9. Becker's Hospital Review is currently accepting nominations for its list of Hospital and Health System Leaders to Know. If you would like to suggest an outstanding hospital or health system leader for the list, please contact Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Molly Gamble at email@example.com.
10. 8 Health Systems Receive Credit Downgrades.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Orthopedic Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA, CEP America, athenahealth and VMG Health.
|Orthopedic and Spine 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and |
ASC Conference (June 9-11; Chicago)
Hear keynote speakers including Legendary NFL Football Player and Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower, and learn practical guidance to boost your ASC's profitability immediately at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference: Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11; Chicago). Registration spots are going fast so register today! 95 percent of exhibits sold out.
Highlights include: 1. 101 sessions and 134 speakers, including 25 CEOs and 30 physician leaders as speakers, focused on immediately useful guidance for orthopedic, spine and pain management surgeons who own ambulatory surgical centers
2. Great keynote speakers including legendary NFL Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower3. Last year's event included 725 attendees and 65 exhibitors4. Register before May 1 and save $100; additional discounts when registering 2 or more attendees, and for ASC Association members and paid Becker's ASC Review subscribers5. Here are just four of the more than 100 sessions:
A. The Changing Face of Healthcare Delivery - What to Expect Over the Next Ten years - Joe Flower, CEO, The Change Project
B. Successful Three Party Joint Ventures - Dennis Martin, SVP Client Services and Network Development, Aric Burke, VP Business Development, Health Inventures, LLC, and Troy P. Stockman, CEO, Nebraska Spine Hospital, LLC
C. Operational Best Practices - Sarah Martin, Regional Vice President, Operations, Meridian Surgical Partners
D. ASC Safe Harbor Redemptions, Physician Compensation Compliance, Internal Investigations and Increased Government Investigations - Scott Becker, Partner, Gretchen Townshend, Associate and Shara Chacko, Associate, McGuireWoods LLP
Learn more about the conference by clicking here.
Register online by clicking here. You can also call (703) 836-5904 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To sponsor or exhibit at the conference, contact Jessica Cole at email@example.com.
* * *