June 4, 2012
Click here to download the digital edition of the June Special issue.
1. 11 Hospital, Health System Executive Compensation Trends.
2. The Future of the American Hospital: Role and Relevancy in the Next Decade.
3. 8 Biggest Mistakes an ACO Can Make.
4. Publisher's Letter.
5. 80 Accountable Care Organizations to Know.
7. A "Lean" Vision Drives Stanford Hospital & Clinics' Performance: Q&A With CEO Amir Dan Rubin.
8. Surgically Remodeling a Hospital: Q&A With Dr. Jeffrey Steinberg, CEO of Vanguard's Weiss Memorial Hospital.
9. Upcoming Webinar. Reducing Physician Variation: Maximize Cost Savings by Integrating Each Physician's Best Practices with Hospital Care Management. (Thurs., June 21, 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To learn more or register for the free webinar, .
10. Compensation Manifesto: 11 Steps for Hospital CEOs and Compensation Committees to "Get it Right".
11. 200 Statistics on Physician Compensation.
12. Physician-Generated Hospital Revenue vs. Salary: 48 Statistics.
13. 28 Statistics on Highest On-Call Coverage Per Diem Payments.
15. 7 Steps to Navigate Payment Allocation Under ACOs.
16. Physician Strategy as the Foundation to Improving Community Health.
17. [Sponsored Link] Does your hospital have a mobility strategy? Or plan to develop one?
Please complete this brief survey to help us better understand this trend and enter to win an AppleŽ iPadŽ.
18. Hospital CFO Panel: How Are You Approaching Your Fiscal Strategy Right Now?
19. CMS Releases FY 2013 IPPS Proposed Rule: 12 Points to Know.
20. Moody's: 2012 Shows Even Mix of Hospital Upgrades, Downgrades.
21. Fitch: Patient Admissions, Pricing Trends Mixed at For-Profit Hospitals.
22. An Overview of Recent Challenges to Hospital Transactions: Is the FTC Really More Aggressive?
23. Community Health Needs Assessment: 5 Phases to Compliance.
24. OIG Claims Georgetown University Hospital Overbilled Medicare by 659K.
25. The OR Efficiency Game Plan: Using Daily Huddles to Streamline Care.
26. Nominations Sought. Becker's Hospital Review is now accepting nominations for its upcoming list, 100 COOs to Know. For more information on how to nominate an outstanding hospital or health system COO, please email Molly Gamble at firstname.lastname@example.org.
27. Quint Studer: The Next Iteration of Hospital-Physician Alignment: Making Medicare Profitable.
28. Chuck Lauer: What We Need to Do if the Supreme Court Strikes Down the Healthcare Law.
29. Hospital & Health System Transactions.
30. Hospital & Health System Executive Moves.
To view all these articles and download the entire issue, click here.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: TeamHealth, Regent Surgical Health, Surgical Directions and VMG Health.