May 18, 2011
1. 12 Recent Hospital Transactions.
2. Tenet Seeks Damages For Costs of Resisting Community Health Takeover.
3. HCA Suing Florida Dept. of Revenue Over Tax Dispute.
4. Free Upcoming Webinar: Best Practices for Anesthesia Onboarding and Change Management (Tues., June 14, 2011 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To register and learn more, .
5. 3 Key Concepts Surrounding Tax-Exemption and ACOs.
6. Study Shows ACO Start-Up Costs Can Soar Up to $26.1M.
7. Wake Forest Baptist to Appeal CON Denial for ER Expansion.
8. Johns Hopkins Medicine CEO Dr. Edward Miller to Retire.
9. Register Today for the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11, 2011; Chicago). To register or learn more, .
10. GAO Shares Strategies to Reduce Non-Urgent Hospital ED Use, Reduce Costs.
11. E-Prescriptions Up 72% in 2010.
12. CMS Takes No Action Against Ohio Hospital That Performed Wrong-Site Surgery.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Orthopedic Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: VMG Health,
People's Capital, Healthcare REIT and Medical Facilities Corp.