May 16, 2011
1. Hospital Tax-Exempt Status: Considerations Regarding Maintaining Exempt Status.
2. 11 Recent Hospital Executive Moves.
3. Community Health Systems' Shareholders File Suit, Seek Class Action Status.
4. Register Today for the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11, 2011; Chicago). To register or learn more, .
5. 4 Factors Influencing Hospital CEO Compensation.
6. Strategic Medical Staff Development Planning: 6 Concepts on Market Share and Recruitment.
7. Illinois Won't Allow Closure of Struggling Oak Forest Hospital But Approves Shut Down of East St. Louis Facility.
8. Illinois' DuPage Medical Group, Edward Hospital Form Joint Venture.
9. Report: Healthcare Reform Will Save Medicare $120B Over 5 Years.
10. Free Upcoming Webinar: Best Practices for Anesthesia Onboarding and Change Management (Tues., June 14, 2011 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To register and learn more, .
11. Essentia Program Reduces Readmission Rates, Costs for Heart Failure Patients.
12. Study: Heart Transplants at Low-Volume Transplant Centers Have Higher Mortality Rates.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Orthopedic Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Wells Fargo Equipment Finance, ASCOA, CEP America and VMG Health.