May 7, 2012
1. 100 Leaders of Great Hospitals.
2. The Chief of Change: Q&A With Dr. Ralph de la Torre, CEO of Steward Health Care.
3. HCA's 1Q Profit Doubles Due to CMS Settlement, Increased Volumes.
4. 10th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference: Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 14-16, 2012; Chicago). Learn more and Register Today! Early Registration Discounts End May 5!
5. 11 Best Practices for Commercial Payor Negotiations on New Payment Models.
6. Communicating a Hospital Crisis: Best Practices for 4 Scenarios.
7. Healthcare Adds 19K Jobs in April.
8. Highmark Drops Suit Against UPMC.
9. Majority of Physicians Say ACOs Will Cut Income; Fail to Curb Unnecessary Care.
10. Upcoming Webinars:
Evaluating Your Anesthesia Services - What to Expect From Your Anesthesia Team (Tues., May 8, 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To learn more or register for the free webinar, .
Are Your Cost Estimates Leading to the Wrong Decision? and What to Do About It (Tues., May 22, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CDT). To learn more and register for the free webinar, .
11. Hospital Sustainability May Require a Return to the Importance of Philanthropy.
12. 8 Recent Healthcare Data Breaches.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: VMG Health, Regent Surgical Health, Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock and Wells Fargo.