May 2, 2012
Click here to download the digital edition of the May/June issue.
1. 10 Pillars of Success for Top Healthcare Workplaces.
2. Primary Care Strategy: The Most Important Decisions Hospitals Can Make.
3. 7 Strategies to Help Hospitals Break Even on Medicare.
4. Publisher's Letter.
5. 10th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference: Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 14-16, 2012; Chicago). Learn more and Register Today! Early Registration Discounts End May 5!
6. 100 Great Hospitals.
7. 100 Great Places to Work in Healthcare.
8. Secrets for Success in the Current Healthcare Climate: Q& With UW Medicine CEO Dr. Paul G. Ramsey.
9. Creating an Environment of Excellence: Q&A With Henry Ford Health System CEO Nancy Schlichting.
10. Upcoming Webinar. Evaluating Your Anesthesia Services - What to Expect From Your Anesthesia Team (Tues., May 8, 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To learn more or register for the free webinar, .
11. Putting Employees First: How to Improve Patient Experience, Profitability.
12. Constructing a Strategic Roadmap Ensures Specialist Employment Decisions are "Investment Grade."
13. 9 Ways Better Data Can Drive Hospital Bundled Payment Initiatives.
14. Healthcare Analytics Takes Supply Chain From The Delivery Dock to the C-Suite.
15. Anesthesia Involvement in Hospital Strategy, Leadership Crucial to Department, Facility Success.
16. MedPAC: Hospital Payments Should Increase by 1%.
17. Survey on Hospital Culture. Your assistance is appreciated in completing a short survey on hospital culture. Responses will be used to inform a presentation at our upcoming Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting.
18. Recipe for Growing Market Share Through Data Optimization.
19. Crafting Successful ASC Joint Ventures in 2012: Q&A With Jeff Peo, Donna Greene & Brandon Frazier of ASCOA.
20. 10 New Surgery Centers Planned or Developed by Hospitals.
21. [Sponsored Link] Test Your Knowledge of Smartphones in Healthcare for an iPad
As we all know, smartphones are a hot topic in healthcare these days. Test your knowledge of smartphone capabilities in healthcare for a chance at an iPad. Get started to win.
22. Hospital-Payor Contracting: Antitrust Concerns Surround Exclusive Contracts & Most-Favored Nation Clauses.
23. CHS, West Tennessee Healthcare Settle Long-Term Antitrust Dispute.
24. FTC Requests Supreme Court Review of Georgia Hospital Sale.
25. Navigating the Care Continuum: The Next Frontier for Providers.
26. 3 Steps for Adding a Perioperative Specialist to Your Surgical Process.
27. Perioperative Efficiency Study: 8-Step Process May Improve OR On-Start Times Executive Briefing: Real-Time Health Reform.
28. "Real-Time" Health Reform: Using capacity more efficiently may be the fastest way to generate hospital revenue.
29. 6 Benefits & Challenges in CMS' Meaningful Use Stage 2 Proposed Rule.
30. Employee Engagement No Longer a "Soft" Science: 3 Steps to Cultivate More Committed Employees.
31. Chuck Lauer: 10 Factors in Creating a Positive Work Environment.
32. Hospital & Health System Transactions.
33. Hospital & Health System Executive Moves.
To view all these articles and download the entire issue, click here.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA, Lawson, HealthCare Appraisers and Wells Fargo.