April 30, 2012
1. 9 Hospital & Health System Executive Moves.
2. 48 Statistics on For-Profit Hospital Operator Executive Compensation.
3. AHA: CMS Used "Flawed Methodology" in Proposed IPPS Rule.
4. Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting - ACOs, Physician-Hospital Integration, Improving Profits and Key Specialties (May 17-18, Chicago) - Registration Closed. This exclusive conference brings together hospital leaders to discuss how to improve hospital and health systems in these challenging but opportunity-filled times. Click here to register, or here for more information.
5. 5 Key Trends Hospitals Should Know for Cardiology Service Line Success.
6. Tennessee Bill Regulating Hospital Privatization Heads to Governor's Desk.
7. Upcoming Webinar. Evaluating Your Anesthesia Services - What to Expect From Your Anesthesia Team (Tues., May 8, 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To learn more or register for the free webinar, .
8. 8 Healthcare Fundraising Activities That Earn Most Charitable Dollars.
9. New Hampshire House Bills to Ease CON Requirements Amended by Senate.
10. Iowa Health System, Wellmark Partner to Create Iowa's First Commercial ACO.
11. [Sponsored Link] Six Lessons Hospitals Have Learned About Smartphone Messaging
There is a communications revolution occurring in hospitals today with highly mobile staff members and the increasing use of smartphones. Download our white paper to explore what hospitals have discovered as they incorporate smartphones into their existing communications infrastructure.
12. Nominations Sought. Becker's Hospital Review is now accepting nominations for its annual list, "100 Hospitals With Great Orthopedic Programs." To nominate a hospital with outstanding orthopedic services, please email Molly Gamble at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: B.E. Smith, Regent Surgical Health, CEP America and Select International.