April 18, 2012
1. 60 Accountable Care Organizations to Know.
2. 6 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions.
3. Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting - ACOs, Physician-Hospital Integration, Improving Profits and Key Specialties (May 17-18, Chicago) -- Registration Extended seven days to April 24! This exclusive conference brings together hospital leaders to discuss how to improve hospital and health systems in these challenging but opportunity-filled times. Click here to register, or for more information.
4. 12 Top Strategies for Cost Savings From Healthcare Leaders.
5. Moody's: 1Q of 2012 Shows Even Mix of Hospital Upgrades, Downgrades.
6. GAO Reports Provides Stakeholder Feedback on Government's Antitrust Guidance.
7. Upcoming Webinar. Top Performing ORs: What Executives Need to Know and Do (Tues., April 24; 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To register for the FREE webinar or learn more, .
8. Going "Social": Monitoring and Addressing HIPAA violations on Social Media.
9. Fitch: Property Taxes Would Afflict Illinois Non-Profit Hospital Ratings.
10. R.I. Senate Approves Bill to Eliminate 3-Year Wait Between Hospital Purchases.
11. [Sponsored Link] Eight Reasons Texting Is Bad for Hospital Communications. Many hospitals are using SMS or email for critical messaging today. Download Amcom Software's white paper to learn the eight reasons why this is a risky proposition, especially when compared to smartphone application messaging options available today.
12. Readmission Rates by Diagnostic Category: 20 Statistics.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: StrategicPlanningMD, Lawson, TeleTracking and Wells Fargo.