April 9, 2012
1. 12 Recent Hospital Layoffs.
2. Mercy's Dr. Imran Andrabi: Furthering Our Missions Through Physician Strategy.
3. FTC Wins Preliminary Injunction to Stop OSF, Rockford Health Merger.
4. May Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting (May 17-18, Chicago) The Best Business Meeting in the Hospital Arena -- Preregistration Sold Out; Click here to register. Registration Ends April 17th!
5. Community Health Needs Assessment: 5 Phases to Compliance.
6. Physician CEOs Increase as New Care Models Emerge.
7. University of Iowa Health, Mercy Medical Partner on ACO.
8. Upcoming Webinars.
Gain and Sustain High Performance Through Employee Engagement (April 19, 1:15 - 2:15 CST). To register for the complimentary webinar.
Top Performing ORs: What Executives Need to Know and Do (April 24, 2012, 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To register for this free webinar, .
9. Recipe for Growing Market Share Through Data Optimization: Start Simple, Add Physicians.
10. Study: More Expensive Care May Be Better.
11. Hospital Executive Contributed Articles Sought! Becker's Hospital Review is currently accepting bylined articles from hospital and health system executives (CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CMOs, etc.). If you are interested in authoring an article, please contact Lindsey Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. 14 Recent Lawsuits Involving Hospitals.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: StrategicPlanningMD, Regent Surgical Health, MedeAnalytics and VMG Health.