March 21, 2012
1. 19 Hospital & Health System Executive Moves.
2. From Kitchen to Corner Office: How UC Davis Medical Center CEO Ann Madden Rice Rose Through the Ranks.
3. Moody's Uses New Scorecard for Non-Profit Hospital Credit Ratings.
4. May Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting - Only 100 Attendee Spots Remain; Exhibit Space Sold Out but Sponsorships Remain! Early registration discounts end 4/1. Come hear Bob Woodward, Mike Ditka and hospital CEO panels moderated by Chuck Lauer and Suzy Welch. Click here to register. For more information about a sponsorship, please contact Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. 6 Best Practices to Streamline a Physician Practice Valuation.
6. HHS Issues Final Rule on Medicaid Expansion Under PPACA.
7. CMS Will Not Enforce Version 5010 Through June.
8. [Sponsored Link] Ten Predictions for 2012 on Smartphones in Hospitals. With emerging capabilities far beyond phone calls, email, and even access to medical apps, smartphones have kicked off a communications revolution. Given this changing environment, Amcom Software assembled a roundtable of industry and technology experts to compile this list of what 2012 will mean for smartphone use in hospitals. Download white paper report now.
9. Patient Safety - Does Your Community Believe You? If not, Unions Will be Happy to Take Advantage.
10. Upcoming Webinar. What's Your Specialty? Hospital Service Line Strategies for Remaining Competitive in the Changing Healthcare Environment (Mar. 28, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CDT). To register for this free webinar, .
11. Other Upcoming Becker's Healthcare Events, Call for Speakers:
- Speakers Sought for a Friday Session at the Annual Becker's ASC Conference on Improving Profitability Business and Legal Issues (Oct. 18). We are seeking a panelist or speaker for the session "Double Digit Profit Growth - How to Increase Profits in Challenging Times?" We are also seeking great speakers on orthopedics in ASCs, on adding cases and on benchmarking quality and benchmarking the financial solvency of an ASC. To recommend a speaker, contact Cathy Brett at email@example.com.
- Becker's Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference (June 14-16) -- Exhibit space is nearly sold out! The June conference includes Lou Holtz, Sam Donaldson and Tucker Carlson as keynote speakers, together with the best business minds in the ASC industry. The conference has a heavy focus on spine, pain and orthopedics. Click here to register. For more information about a sponsorship or exhibiting, please contact Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Hospitals Acquiring Physicians: 12 Recent Transactions.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Wells Fargo Equipment Financing, ASCOA, VMG Health and Select International.