March 7, 2012
1. 5 Considerations for Successful Physician Acquisitions.
2. 12 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions.
3. Uncertain State Approval a Growing Concern for For-Profit, Non-Profit Healthcare Transactions.
4. Beth Israel Medical Center in NY to Pay $13M for "Turbocharging."
5. Practical Guidance From the Best Business Minds on Physician-Hospital Integration -- Employment, JVs, Co-management and more -- at the Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting (May 17-18, 2012; Hotel Allegro Chicago). Early Registration Discounts End April 1. Only 150 spots remain! To learn more or register, .
6. CBO's Report on Medicare's Demonstration Projects: What the Numbers Really Mean, and Why They Matter.
7. New Healthcare Law in Oregon Creates Coordinated Care Organizations.
8. Tucson Medical Center, 150 Physicians Form ACO.
9. Upcoming Webinar. Enhancing Your Hospital's OR Performance Through Employed Anesthesia Models (Mar. 20, 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT). To register for this free webinar, .
10. [Sponsored Link] Ten Predictions for 2012 on Smartphones in Hospitals. With emerging capabilities far beyond phone calls, email, and even access to medical apps, smartphones have kicked off a communications revolution. Given this changing environment, Amcom Software assembled a roundtable of industry and technology experts to compile this list of what 2012 will mean for smartphone use in hospitals. Download white paper report now.
11. IASIS CEO Carl Whitmer's Compensation Hits $5.58M in 2011.
12. 5 Steps to Estimate the Potential Costs of a Data Breach.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Objective Health, CEP America, Cogent HMG and Medical Facilities Corp.