Feb. 8, 2013
1. Health Reform in 2013: What's Happened, What's Left & What it Means for Providers.
2. 8 Latest Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions.
3. Bipartisan House Bill Aims to Repeal Medicare's SGR.
4. 83 C-Suite Hospital and Health System Speakers to Present at the 4th Annual Becker's Hospital Review Meeting (May 9-11; Chicago). Presentations Include: "How Alignment Strategies Impact Quality of Care" featuring Sanford Health CMO Dr. Bruce Pitts and Clarinda (Iowa) Regional Medical Center's Dr. James Stone. To learn more or register, .
5. CMS Proposes Medicare Reforms to Save Hospitals $676M Per Year.
6. HCA's 4Q Profit Down, But 2012 Income Tops $1.6B.
7. Renown Health Pays $4.2M to Cardiologists Under Settlement.
8. High Charity Care Forces Calhoun Memorial Hospital in Georgia to Shutter.
9. Upcoming Webinar. How Much is a Surgery Center Worth? Understanding Multiples & More. HealthCare Appraisers 2013 Valuation Survey: Understanding the Trends and Numbers (Thurs., March 7, 1:15-2:15 PM CST). To register for this free webinar, .
10. Chuck Lauer: The Shameful State of Our Hospitals.
11. [Job Posting] A well respected, leading healthcare system in the Northeast is seeking a strategic finance executive who will provide strategic and financial leadership for all ambulatory services responsible for designing and executing strategic financial and operational plans.
12. Nominate a Facility for Becker's Healthcare 100 Great Places to Work in Healthcare 2013. To learn more, .
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers:
Select International, ADP and Amerinet.