Feb. 9, 2012
Download the digital edition of the February Issue (pdf).
1. The Future of Healthcare: 9 Capabilities for Post- Reform Success.
2. Spurring Innovation in Healthcare Delivery: 5 Best Practices of Health System Leaders.
3. 8 Issues Hospitals Consider Before an Integration or Sale.
4. Register Today! Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting, 2012 - Only 250 Registration/5 Exhibitor Spots Remain (May 17-18, 2012; Hotel Allegro Chicago). To learn more or register, .
- 124 Speakers, 74 Sessions
- 40+ C-Suite Speakers
- Co-Chaired by Scott Becker and Chuck Lauer
- Keynote Speakers Mike Ditka, Bob Woodward, Suzy Welch
5. Publisher's Letter.
6. 9 Leading Hospital, Health System CIOs Share Top Goals.
7. Speaking a Common Language: Q&A With Rex Healthcare President David Strong and CIO Novlet Bradshaw.
8. Ahead of the Meaningful Use Curve: Q&A With CEO Chuck Sted and CIO Steve Robertson of Hawaii Pacific Health.
9. Is Your EHR Implementation in Trouble? 10 Things to Check.
10. Upcoming Webinars:
Driving Perioperative Performance to Improve Bottom Line (Feb. 21, 1:30 PM - 2:30PM CST). To register for the complimentary webinar, .
Learn How to Maximize the Cost-Reduction and Quality-Improvement Benefits of CRNAs and the Anesthesia Team Care Model in an Upcoming Webinar: How the Anesthesia Care Team Model Can Contribute to Clinical Quality Excellence in Your OR (Feb. 28, 1:15 - 2:15 PM CST). To register for the complimentary webinar, .
11. 10 Best Practices for Implementing Telemedicine in Hospitals.
12. 5 Legal Issues Surrounding Electronic Medical Records.
13. The Care Management Imperative.
14. 32 Health Systems, Physician Groups to Participate in Pioneer ACOs.
15. Survey: 55% of Payors Plan to Participate in ACOs Over Next 3 Years.
16. Physician Relationship Trends - Employ, Joint Venture or Co-manage? - Two Great Speakers Sought for April 2nd Webinar. We are seeking two speakers to join Tom Mallon, CEO of Regent Surgical Health, and Chuck Lauer, the author of several books including Soar with the Eagles and Decency and the Co-Chair of the Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting. Should you have a suggestion, please email Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for the annual meeting, .
17. CMS Issues Correction to OPPS Final Rule, Payments Decrease 0.1%.
18. IRS Issues 2011 Form 990.
19. 9 Things Healthcare Organizations Should Do Now to Prepare for ICD-10.
20. Chuck Lauer: Don't Let Fears About Healthcare IT Mire You in the Past.
21. Mercy's Dr. Kenneth Bertka: Using HIT to Drive Clinical Integration, Patient and Physician Engagement.
22. 61 Integrated Health Systems to Know.
23. Hospital & Health System Transactions.
24. Hospital & Health System Executive Moves.
View all these stories and download the entire issue.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Objective Health, Lawson, CEP America and Duke Realty.