Jan. 25, 2013
1. 18 Newest ACOs.
2. 10 New Hospital and Health System Executive Moves.
3. Supreme Court Rejects Hospitals' Suit Over Disproportionate Share Payments.
4. Moody's: Financial Risks Keep Non-Profit Hospital Outlook Negative in 2013.
5. Register Today -4th Annual Becker's Hospital Review Meeting (May 9-11; Chicago). 83 Health System Executives as Speakers, including Randy Oostra of ProMedica, Michael Shabot of Memorial Hermann, Chris Van Gorder of Scripps and David Bernd of Sentara. To learn more or register, .
6. UC Davis' Claire Pomeroy: The U.S. Health Disadvantage: A Crisis that We Must Address Together Today.
7. Healthcare M&A Spending Plummets 38% in 2012.
8. Highmark Adds Nearly 900 Physicians to Medical Home Program.
9. Upcoming Webinar. Healthcare Outlook 2013: Key Trends, Opportunities and Threats (Feb. 20, 1:15-2:15 PM CST). Hear thoughts from 6 thought leaders on the state of the healthcare economy and threats and opportunities in different sectors.
To register for this free webinar, .
10. Rx for Healthcare Capital Projects: Steps to Reduce Risk and Resolve Conflicts.
11. "First, Do No Harm" Should Extend to the Environment.
12. 20 Statistics on Hospital Readmissions.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers:
Regent Surgical Health, VMG Health and Surgical Directions.