|News and Analysis|
February 20, 2013
1. 22 Advisory Opinions Issues by the Office of Inspector General--6 of Interest; Anesthesia ASC Arrangements--7 Key Concepts; and ASC Anti-Kickback Safe Harbor Issues--9 Concepts for 2013.
2. Future Surgery Center Transaction & Acquisition Expectations: Q&A With Todd Mello of HealthCare Appraisers.
3. ASC CEOs & Industry Experts Discuss Healthcare Trends, Legal Issues & Politics at June ASC Conference. Keynote speakers include Coach K and 50 Great Physician Speakers, 90+ Sessions, A great Business and Clinical Education Event and Great Networking. June 13-15, 2013, Chicago. Click here to learn more and register.
4. GOP Legislator Seeks to Repeal Maine's CON Program.
5. 5 Observations on Spine Surgery Heading to Outpatient Procedures.
6. Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Breaks Ground on New Facility With Ambulatory Surgery.
7. 5 Ways for ASCs to Get Paid More From Payors.
8. Free Webinar: How Standardization IP Protocols in ASCs Can Enhance Quality and Cost Effectiveness. Hear Managing Director of Navigant Consulting and Leader of Clinical and Operational Effectiveness Chuck Peck, MD, and Associate Professor of Surgery at Virginia Tech/Carillion School of Medicine and Medical Director of Roanoke Ambulatory Surgery Center and Carillion Outpatient Surgery T.K. Miller, MD, discuss the latest updates for ASC infection prevention protocol and programs in this webinar, sponsored by CareFusion. March 14, 2:45 PM-3:45 PM CST. Click here to register.
9. Montana Surgery Center CON Bill Dies in House Vote.
10. Medicaid Expansion: A State-by-State Layout.
11. Job Opening: Directors of New Business Development for Surgical Care Affiliates.