1. 10 Interesting Ophthalmology Statistics and Figures, from the VMG Health 2008 Intellimarker.
The February special issue of Becker's ASC Review will have a specialty focus on ophthalmology, and will provide in-depth coverage of mergers, acquisitions and valuation of surgery centers.
2. Kathy Bryant Discusses 4 Top Challenges Facing ASCs in 2009.
3. New York Announces Recovery of $551 Million From Medicaid Fraud and Abuse in FY 2008.
4. Barry Tanner of Physicians Endoscopy Shares 5 Challenges and Opportunities Facing GI-Focused ASCs.
5. 5 Physician Recruiting Tips From Lori Ramirez of Elite Surgical Affiliates.
Elite Surgical Affiliates is an ASC management and development company to watch in 2009. Look for the complete list of 50 ASC Management and Development Companies to Watch in 2009 in the January issue of Becker's ASC Review. Nominate a company by e-mailing Scott Becker at email@example.com. See 15 other companies on this list by clicking here and here.
6. 10 Key General ASC Facts and Statistics, including average employee salary, long-term debt and number of cases, from the 2008 VMG Health Intellimarker.
7. ASCOA Acquires Arizona Surgery Center.
8. Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Serbin Surgery Center Billing, B. Braun, Ambulatory Surgical Group.
9. California's South Bay Hospitals See Elective Procedures Shift to Surgery Centers.
10. KLAS Recognizes ProVation Medical Software as No. 1 in Clinical Procedure Documentation Category.
Reader Question. Does your surgery center have an advanced, laparoscopic, minimally-invasive,
hernia repair program? Can you describe
the programmatic requirements, such as capital equipment needs, coding,
billing, reimbursement considerations, etc., as well as the pros and cons one should
consider in introducing such a program? Send your thoughts and insight to