|News & Analysis|
Nov. 9, 2010
1. CMS Final Rule Fails to Align ASC and HOPD Payment Systems; ASCs Receive 0.2% Increase in Medicare Payments for 2011. 2. 21 GI & Endoscopy-Driven ASCs to Know. 3. 8 Best Practices for Building a Successful Orthopedic-Driven ASC. 4. Hospital industry veteran David Felsenthal has passed away.
He was a remarkable person and leader in the healthcare industry with more than 40 years of experience in hospital and healthcare valuation. He finished his career at Principle Valuation, a leading healthcare valuation firm. Scott Becker, JD, CPA, partner at McGuireWoods and publisher of Becker's ASC Review
, says about him, "He was smart and funny and warm and about the best networker the world has ever known. He constantly looked to help someone knowing that his good work would come back at some point. He was a great and principled person."5. Blue Chip Partners With Florida's Crane Creek Surgery Center.
Learn more about Blue Chip Surgical Center Partners
.6. Ambulatory Healthcare Employment Increases by 13% in October.
7. Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Prevails in Whistleblower Lawsuit - Case Dismissed by Federal Judge.
8. Top 5 Terms to Include in Your ASC's Managed Care Contracts.
Written by Ken Bulow of GENASCIS
9. ASC Association Announces Support for "Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act".
10. New Kansas Surgery Center Opens in Galena.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA
, Surgical Care Affiliates
, Serbin Surgery Center Billing
and Surgical Notes