|Latest News & Analysis|
1. California, Florida and Texas are the top three states with the most ASCs. Find out which states round out the top 10 and which five have the fewest ASCs.
To nominate a center as a great place to work, please e-mail Scott Becker. The Jan./Feb. issue of the Becker's ASC Review will, in addition to highlighting 40 ASC management and development companies to know for 2009, will highlight 10 great ASCs at which to work.
2. 4 Successful Independently Operated ASCs: Allied Physicians Surgery Center (South Bend, Ind.); Bend Surgery
Center (Bend, Ore.); Fox Valley Orthopaedic Institute (Geneva, Ill.);
Rochester Endoscopy & Surgery Center (Rochester Hills, Mich.).
3. Your Operating Agreement and the Future Value of Your Surgery Center, written by Curtis Bernstein of HealthCare Appraisers.
Don't miss the February special issue of the Becker's ASC Review, which will focus on mergers and acquisitions of ASCs and valuation issues for ASCs.
4. 4 Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Purchasing Dollars from Larry Lane.
5. How Is the Economy Affecting ASCs? Rob Carrera of Pinnacle III shares insight and advice.
6. Surgical Notes and Source Medical invite everyone to the First Annual Fall ASC Conference Kick-Off Party, 8 to 11 p.m. Oct. 23 in Suite 929 at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers. Don't miss it -- register for the conference:
7. Average Charge and Payment Data for 15 Urology Procedures Commonly Performed in ASCs.
8. Bank of America's ASC Lending Remains Strong.
9. NovaMed in the Spotlight at SmallCapInvestor.com.
10. New Partnerships in Peri-Surgical Sleep Apnea Management.
11. The C/N Group Completes MOB in Indiana.
12. Kaye/Bassman Posts 21 Percent Increase, Named Best Place to Work in 2008.
|Thank You to Two New Electronic Advertisers,|
Two New Exhibitors at October Conference
Here is information on two new exhibitors for the October conference. If you are attending the conference, be sure to stop by their booths.
Medcare Solutions. Accounts receivable purchasing of lien-based accounts primarily for patients involved in vehicle accidents. The company works primarly with ASCs, hospitals, and diagnostic centers. For more information, visit www.medcaresolutions.us/index.htm, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 870-4013.
CarisDx. Pathology-related servics providing diagnostic services for GI, dermatopathology and oncologic pathology. For more information and to get the contact number for your region, visit www.carisdx.com or call (800) 979-8292.
We also welcome some great new advertisers on the Web sites, both at www.HospitalReviewMagazine.com and at www.BeckersASC.com.
Progressive Dynamics. Progressive Dynamics Medical manufactures six different types of warming covers to meet various requirements for the operating and recovery rooms. Learn more at www.progressivedynamicsmedical.com or call (269) 781-4241.
Northern Scientific. Northern Scientific specializes in high-end rebuilt surgical tables and surgical lighting systems, and also offer stainless instrument tables and surgical table accessories (such as arm boards, pads/cushions, clamps, IV poles, leg holders, knee crutches, patient transfer devices, restraint straps and more). Visit www.northernscientific.com, e-mail email@example.com or call (800) 669-9568.
To advertise and showcase your company in the E-newsletters or on the Web sites for either the Becker's ASC Review or The Hospital Review, contact Jessica Cole at (800) 417-2035 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Seeking Nominations for Lists
We are seeking nominations for several upcoming lists. If you have suggestions or nominations for any of the following, please e-mail Scott Becker.
1. For the Jan./Feb. issue of the Becker's ASC Review, we are looking for nominations for 40 management and development companies to watch. It's been a fascinating year: A few of the companies have merged out of existence and a handful of new companies have emerged. We've added 5 new companies and are always interested in suggestions. This is limited to management and development companies.
2. We are seeking to feature 10 hospital CEOs to know for the January issue of The Hospital Review. On a related note, if you'd like a free one-year subscription to The Hospital Review, please e-mail Rob Kurtz or e-mail Matt Leemkuil.
|Fewer Than 10 Registration
Spots Left for
Fall ASC Conference Oct.
23-25 -- Register Today!
15th Annual Improving Profits and Business and Legal
Issues for ASCs
Presented by ASC Communications and the Ambulatory Surgery Foundation
Sheraton Hotel and Towers, Chicago
Oct. 23 to 25
We have added rooms to our block, but it is again nearly sold out.
Book your hotel ASAP. The Sheraton Hotel and Towers has set aside
special group rates for conference attendees. Please contact the hotel
directly to make your reservation. Be sure to mention you are
attending the ASC Conference in order to receive the discounted group
To make a reservation, go to www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/ASC102008, or call
(800) 325-3535 or (312) 464-1000.
Group room rates:
Standard - $289 (single) or $319 (double)
Club Rooms - $364 (single) or $394 (double)
Here are five great examples of topics that will be covered at the
1. Making Urology a Success in Your ASC -- Bill Mobley, MD, Urological Associates; Herb Riemenschneider, MD, Knightsbridge Surgery Center
2. 3 Ways to Add Profits to an ASC -- Steve Burton, CEO, ION Healthcare; Bob Wood, VP of Strategic Planning, Acclarent; Mel Gunawardena, CEO, MediGain
3. Current Strategies to Handle Out-of-Network and High Deductible Patients -- Cathy Weaver, Senior Manager, Somerset CPAs; John Seitz, CEO, Ambulatory Surgical Group
4. Effectively Managing a Board in Congruence With Physician Leadership -- Nap Gary, President, Eastern Region, Regent Surgical Health
5. Safe Harbors, Legal Question and Answer (and) Peace or War? What to Do When a Hospital Tries to Put Your ASC Out of Business -- Scott Becker, JD, CPA, Partner, McGuireWoods
To see the entire agenda, download the conference
There are four ways to register:
1. Fill out and mail or fax the registration form in the conference
2. Call (703) 836-5904 or (800) 417-2035.
3. Register online by clicking
4. E-mail email@example.com.
* * *
Contact us toll-free: (800) 417-2035
|Featured E-Weekly Advertisers
Facility Development and Management. Facility Development and Management provides consultative, developmental and managerial services for ASCs nationwide. Read more about Facility Development and Management.
Surgical Notes. Surgical notes is a nationwide provider of medical transcription, coding and other related value-added information technology services for ASCs. Read more about Surgical Notes.
Credentialing Corporation of America. CCA is a credentials-verification organization that provides ongoing credentialing services such as primary-source verification and file preparation for ASCs and other healthcare entities. Learn more about CCA.
|Thank You to 10 Great Companies
The Joint Commission: Ambulatory Care Accreditation Program. The Joint Commission has been accrediting ambulatory surgery facilities since 1975, and has more than 1,600 ambulatory organizations accredited nationwide. Learn more about the Joint Commission.
Physicians Capital. This Nashville-based firm provides loans based solely on the future cash flow of a surgery or diagnostic center. Read more about Physicians Captial.
JCB Laboratories. JCB Laboratories is a compounding pharmacy that serves the ASC market place. Learn more about JCB Labs.
Affiliated Credit Services. Affiliated Credit Services is a Colo.-based professional account receivables management firm which focuses on increasing businesses cash flow by providing superior collection services. Read more about Affiliated Credit.
McKesson Medical-Surgical. McKesson Medical-Surgical, based in Richmond, Va., is a leading distributor of medical supplies and equipment to physician practices, surgery centers, home care and extended care facilities. Learn more about McKesson.
Access MediQuip. Access MediQuip is one of the largest and most experienced provider of outsourced implantable device management solutions to the healthcare industry. Learn more about Access MediQuip.
Physicians Endoscopy. Physicians Endoscopy develops and manages endoscopic ambulatory surgery centers in partnership with practicing GI physicians and hospitals. Read more about Physicians Endoscopy.
Titan Health. Titan is a nationwide surgery center development, acquisition and management company that partners with hospitals and physicians to develop successful, multi-specialty ASCs. Learn more about Titan.
HealthMark Partners. HealthMark Partners owns and operates single and multi-specialty ambulatory surgery centers throughout the United States by creating joint-ventures with physicians or physicians and hospitals. Read more about HealthMark.
NovaMed. NovaMed acquires, develops and operates ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) in partnership with physicians. Learn more about NovaMed.
For more information about print and online stories, please contact editorial.
Director of Communications