|News and Analysis|
October 3, 2012
1. 21 Surgery Centers Opened, Acquired or Planned in September 2012.
2. Outlook for Investment and M&A Activity in the ASC Sector: Roundtable Features Jason Cagle of USPI, Matt Searles of Merritt Healthcare & Todd Mello of HealthCare Appraisers at 19th Annual ASC Conference--Only 20 Spots Left, Register Today!The 19th Annual ASC Conference, Oct. 25-27 in Chicago, includes 138 speakers and 92 sessions. Click here to learn more and register.
3. Will Medicare Ever Reimburse Surgery Centers for Spinal Surgery? Q&A With Dr. Brian Gantwerker of The Craniospinal Center of Los Angeles.
4. Free Webinar: Ownership Considerations for Health Systems Developing or Buying Ambulatory Surgery Centers. Christian Ellison, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development at Health Inventures, will help health system executives understand the ownership alternatives available to them and the key considerations in selecting a model that meets their local needs. Tuesday, October 30, 1:15-2:15 CST. Click here to register.
5. 7 Signs the Time is Right for Surgery Center Expansion.
6. VMG Health's Intellimarker Trends: Staffing Expenses and Efficiencies.
7. 10 New Surgery Centers in CON States.
8. Report: Adults Made Fewer Medical Visits 2010 vs. 2001.
9. North Suburban Center for Oral and Facial Surgery Opens Second Illinois Location.
10. Timeline for the Transition to an ASC EMR: Before Integration.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA, National Medical Billing Services, Laser Spine Institute and Meridian Surgical Partners.