|Latest News & Analysis|
1. 20 Things You Should Know About ASCs. The entire article on "40 Things You Should Know About ASCs" will appear in the Nov./Dec. issue of Becker's ASC Review.
2. Andrew Hayek, Chair of the New ASC Advocacy Committee, Discusses its Origin, Makeup and Objectives.
3. Average Coder Salaries by Employer.
4. Less Than 20 Registration Spots Remain; Just Two Weeks Until the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, from Oct. 8-10 in Chicago. Learn more.
5. Joint Commission Announces 2010 National Patient Safety Goals.
6. ASC Financing: Sound Strategies & Proven Tactics, by Jay Rom of Blue Chip Surgical Center Partners.
7. Call for Nominations: Best ASCs to Work For. If your ASC is a great place to work, please tell us why by e-mailing Rob Kurtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.The list of "25 Great ASCs to Work For" will be published in the January issue of Becker's ASC Review. To sponsor this list, e-mail Jessica Cole at email@example.com or call (800) 417-2035.8. Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: MEDtegrity, ASCOA, SmartFund Medical and Meridian Surgical Partners.
9. Stephanie Stinson of Strictly Pediatrics Discusses Qualities of an Effective Healthcare Leader.
10. Social Networking: Understand the Risks,
by Marion K. Jenkins of QSE Technologies.
|Less Than Two Weeks Until the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs: Oct. 8-10, Chicago - Register Today!|
Now in its 16th year, this conference, presented by ASC
Communications, Ambulatory Surgery Foundation, ASC Association and Becker's
ASC Review, brings together surgeons, administrators, and surgery center
business and clinical leaders to discuss key business, financial, clinical and
legal issues facing ASCs such as benchmarking, cost cutting, safe harbors,
billing and coding, revenue growth and many more in specialties including
orthopedics, GI, ophthalmology, spine, ENT and bariatrics.
Other highlights include:
sessions providing great
practical guidance for surgeons, proceduralists, physician owners,
administrators and ASC leadership that can improve profits and
2. 97 industry expert speakers.
3. Networking with 650 surgeons, administrators, industry leaders, speakers and exhibitors.
4. Outstanding pre-conference workshop.
5. Registration discounts for Becker's ASC Review subscribers and members of the ASC Association.
Learn more about the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, and download the conference brochure by clicking here
. To register online, click here
or call (703)
* * *
|Please feel free to forward the E-Weekly to a colleague. If you know someone who would find the information in the E-Weekly valuable, they can join the free mailing list by sending an e-mail to Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in subscribing to our free hospital- and health system-focused e-weekly, click here; our free orthopedic and spine practice-focused e-weekly, click here; or e-mail your request to Scott Becker.
|10 Great Companies to Know
If you'd like more information about or an introduction to any of these companies, please e-mail Scott Becker.
Surgical Notes. Surgical Notes is a nationwide provider of medical transcription, coding and other related value-added information technology services for ASCs. Read more about Surgical Notes.
Amerinet. As a leading national group purchasing organization, Amerinet strategically partners with healthcare providers to reduce costs and improve quality through its Total Spend Management solutions and operational performance improvement programs, tools and services. Learn more about Amerinet.
Access MediQuip. Access MediQuip is one of the largest and most experienced providers of outsourced implantable device management solutions to the healthcare industry. Learn more about Access MediQuip.
MEDtegrity. The MEDtegrity Medical Laundry Network is a $500 million commercial laundry network and of one of the largest and most successful independent and family-owned laundries in the United States. Learn more about MEDtegrity.
ASCOA. Since 1984, ASCOA's founders have helped physician-owners start and operate successful facilities; ASCOA currently owns and manages 34 facilities across the country with 14 others in development. Learn more about ASCOA.
SmartFund Medical. SmartFund Medical is a full service billing and collections company that specializes in ASC billing, coding, collections, patient payment programs, and funding accounts receivable. Learn more about SmartFund Medical.
Meridian Surgical Partners. Meridian aligns with physicians in the acquisition, development and management of multi-specialty ASCs and surgical facilities. Read more about Meridian.
Blue Chip Surgical Center Partners. Founded by ASC veteran Jeff Leland, Blue Chip holds an equity stake in its projects and also serves as a managing partner, with several highly profitable, physician-led centers in operation around the country and a number of projects in the works. Learn more about Blue Chip.
Cygnus Medical. Cygnus Medical specializes in products and services for the endoscopy suite, the operating room and the sterile processing department. Learn more about Cygnus Medical.
Surgical Anesthesia Services. Surgical Anesthesia Services delivers comprehensive anesthesia services exclusively to ASCs across the United States, with each ASC receiving a dedicated anesthesia team which does not rotate between competing facilities. Learn more about Surgical Anesthesia Services .
|Upcoming ASC Events
16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs|
Oct. 8-10, 2009
The 8th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management Driven ASC Conference
June 10-12, 2010
For a complete list of upcoming events, click here
|ASC Quick Links
Learn more about VMG Health. |
Learn more about Ambulatory Surgical Centers of America.
Learn more about Amerinet.
Learn more about Serbin Surgery Center Billing.
|Editorial Contacts |
|For more information about print and online stories, please contact editorial. |
Editor in Chief
For more information about advertising and exhibiting, please contact sales at (800) 417-2035.
President and Chief Development Officer
Account Managere-mail Kimberly