|Latest News & Analysis|
1. Case Revenue Statistics for 11 Surgical Specialties.
2. Legislation Introduced to Allow Healthcare Providers to Report Stark Law Violations.
3. U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Clears Way for Nevada Endoscopy Center Trials.
4. Don't Miss Industry Leaders Discussing How to Improve Your ASC's Profitability Immediately and the Impact of Healthcare Reform on ASCs at the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, from Oct. 8-10 in Chicago. Less than 25 registration spots remain. Learn more and register today!
5. Michael Pankey of Ambulatory Surgery Center of Spartanburg Shares the Best Advice He Ever Received.
6. Touring Physicians Call for Single-Payor Health Reform.
7. Illinois Surgery Center Changes Name, Shifts Focus. 8. Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA, SmartFund Medical, Surgical Outcomes Information Exchange and Amkai.
9. Cirrus Group to Build Surgery Center in Texas.
10. CTQ Solutions Announces 2009 Apex Quality Award Winners for Healthcare Excellence.
|Less than 25 registration spots remain for the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs: Oct. 8-10, Chicago - Register Today!|
Learn how to improve your ASC's profit immediately at the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs,
which will be held Oct. 8-10 in Chicago. This conference, presented by ASC Communications, Ambulatory Surgery Foundation, ASC Association and Becker's ASC Review
, brings together surgeons, administrators and surgery center business and clinical
leaders to discuss key
business, financial, clinical and legal issues facing ASCs such as
benchmarking, cost cutting, safe harbors, billing and coding, revenue
growth and many more in specialties including orthopedics, GI,
ophthalmology, spine, ENT and bariatrics.
Here are just a few other highlights:
sessions providing great
practical guidance for surgeons, proceduralists, physician owners,
administrators and ASC leadership that can improve profits and
- 97 industry expert speakers
- Networking with 650 surgeons, administrators, industry leaders, speakers and exhibitors
- Outstanding pre-conference workshop
- Registration discounts for subscribers to Becker's ASC Review and members of the ASC Association
Learn more about the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, and download the conference brochure by clicking here
. To register online, click here
or call (703)
* * *
|Please feel free to forward the E-Weekly to a colleague. If you know someone who would find the information in the E-Weekly valuable, they can join the free mailing list by sending an e-mail to Scott Becker at email@example.com.
If you are interested in subscribing to our free hospital- and health system-focused e-weekly, click here; our free orthopedic and spine practice-focused e-weekly, click here; or e-mail your request to Scott Becker.
|10 Great Companies to Know
If you'd like more information about or an introduction to any of these companies, please e-mail Scott Becker.
Serbin Surgery Center Billing. Serbin Surgery Center Billing was founded in 2001 to provide the answer to ASCs' complex and unique billing needs, providing expert and accurate coding, billing, collections, and managed care negotiations solely to the ASC industry. Learn more about SCB.
Practice Partners. Practice Partners in Healthcare takes great pride in the development, management and equity ownership with its physician and hospital partners. Read more about Practice Partners.
Spine Surgical Innovation. Spine Surgical Innovation designs and markets the Holmed Swivel Port System, which is designed for ease of use and intended for posterior or lateral lumbar surgery. Learn more about Spine Surgical Innovation.
ASCOA. Since 1984, ASCOA's founders have helped physician-owners start and operate successful facilities; ASCOA currently owns and manages 34 facilities across the country with 14 others in development. Learn more about ASCOA.
SmartFund Medical. SmartFund Medical is a full service billing and collections company that specializes in ASC billing, coding, collections, patient payment programs, and funding accounts receivable. Learn more about SmartFund Medical.
Surgical Outcomes Information Exchange. SOIX offers services to benchmark performance and outcomes for accreditation, risk management and quality patient care in surgery centers. Learn more about SOIX.
Amkai. Amkai is a software company with 20-plus years of experience delivering administrative and clinical solutions to ASCs, surgical hospitals and physician practices. Read more about Amkai.
HealthCare Appraisers. HealthCare Appraisers is a nationally recognized valuation and consulting firm providing services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Read more about HealthCare Appraisers.
MedBridge Surgery Center Billing. MedBridge Surgery Center Billing partners with ASCs to help maximize reimbursement, offering an aggressive appeals process which, coupled with its expertise in ASC billing, can help clients to increase collections while focusing on patient care. Learn more about MedBridge Surgery Center Billing.
ProVation Medical. ProVation Medical has created ProVation EHR, an electronic health record designed for busy, cost-conscious ASCs. Learn more about ProVation Medical.
|Upcoming ASC Events
16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs|
Oct. 8-10, 2009
The 8th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management Driven ASC Conference
June 10-12, 2010
For a complete list of upcoming events, click here
|ASC Quick Links
Learn more about VMG Health. |
Learn more about Ambulatory Surgical Centers of America.
Learn more about Amerinet.
Learn more about Serbin Surgery Center Billing.
|Editorial Contacts |
|For more information about print and online stories, please contact editorial. |
Editor in Chief
For more information about advertising and exhibiting, please contact sales at (800) 417-2035.
President and Chief Development Officer
Account Managere-mail Kimberly