|Latest News & Analysis|
1. 11 Great Single Specialty ASCs. Nominate a great single specialty ASC by e-mailing Scott Becker (firstname.lastname@example.org), Rob Kurtz (email@example.com) or reply to this E-weekly. The complete list of 20 great single specialty ASCs will appear in the November issue of Becker's ASC Review and on www.BeckersASC.com.
2. Judge to Rule on Case Regarding Battle Over Georgia ASC Certificate of Need. 3. Texas Podiatrist Arrested on Medicare and Medicaid Fraud Charges
4. Healthcare Reform and Its Impact on ASCs: Three weeks until the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, from Oct. 8-10 in Chicago. See below and learn more.
5. Amerinet and ASC Communications present a free Webcast on the
importance of continuous quality improvement and ways to identify
proactive, practical assessment tools to achieve a higher level of
quality in an ASC, hosted by Holly
Hampe, director, quality and safety for Amerinet. The Webcast takes
place Wednesday, Oct. 21 from 2:15 - 3:15 p.m. EDT. To register for "Working
Proactively to Avoid Reactive Situations and Achieve Patient Safety
Actualization" or to learn more about the program, click here and then click "Amerinet."
Average Salaries of HIM Professionals by Credentials Earned.
7. Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA, SmartFund Medical, ProVation Medical and Meridian Surgical Partners.8. Free Anesthesia Webinar: Register to attend the free Webinar, "Demystifying Anesthesia
Stipends: Improving Coverage & Quality for Less Cost." The Webinar, sponsored by Somnia
Anesthesia and ASC Communications, publisher of Becker's Hospital Review and Becker's ASC Review,
will take place Tuesday, Oct. 27 from 2:15 - 3:15 p.m. (EST). To register for
and learn more about this free Webinar, click here.
When registering, please select the registration code "Becker" when
9. Oklahoma Surgery Center Embraces Transparent Pricing, Gains Medical Tourists. 10. 5 Steps to Spinal Arthrodesis Coding, by Paul Cadorette of mdStrategies.
|Only Three Weeks Until the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs: Oct. 8-10, Chicago|
Now in its 16th year, this conference, presented by ASC
Communications, Ambulatory Surgery Foundation, ASC Association and Becker's
ASC Review, brings together surgeons, administrators, and surgery center
business and clinical leaders to discuss key business, financial, clinical and
legal issues facing ASCs such as benchmarking, cost cutting, safe harbors,
billing and coding, revenue growth and many more in specialties including
orthopedics, GI, ophthalmology, spine, ENT and bariatrics.
Other highlights include:
sessions providing great
practical guidance for surgeons, proceduralists, physician owners,
administrators and ASC leadership that can improve profits and
2. 97 industry expert speakers.
3. Networking with 650 surgeons, administrators, industry leaders, speakers and exhibitors.
4. Outstanding pre-conference workshop.
5. Registration discounts for Becker's ASC Review subscribers and members of the ASC Association.
Learn more about the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, and download the conference brochure by clicking here
. To register online, click here
or call (703)
* * *
|Please feel free to forward the E-Weekly to a colleague. If you know someone who would find the information in the E-Weekly valuable, they can join the free mailing list by sending an e-mail to Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in subscribing to our free hospital- and health system-focused e-weekly, click here; our free orthopedic and spine practice-focused e-weekly, click here; or e-mail your request to Scott Becker.
|10 Great Companies to Know
If you'd like more information about or an introduction to any of these companies, please e-mail Scott Becker.
Meridian Surgical Partners. Meridian aligns with physicians in the acquisition, development and management of multi-specialty ASCs and surgical facilities. Read more about Meridian.
Pinnacle III. PINNACLE III specializes in operational development, management, payor contracting, coding, billing, and collecting for ASCs. Learn more about Pinnacle.
Amkai. Amkai is a software company with 20-plus years of experience delivering administrative and clinical solutions to ASCs, surgical hospitals and physician practices. Read more about Amkai.
ASCOA. Since 1984, ASCOA's founders have helped physician-owners start and operate successful facilities; ASCOA currently owns and manages 34 facilities across the country with 14 others in development. Learn more about ASCOA.
SmartFund Medical. SmartFund Medical is a full service billing and collections company that specializes in ASC billing, coding, collections, patient payment programs, and funding accounts receivable. Learn more about SmartFund Medical.
ProVation Medical. ProVation Medical has created ProVation EHR, an electronic health record designed for busy, cost-conscious ASCs. Learn more about ProVation Medical.
zChart EMR. zChart EMR was developed by dozens of healthcare professionals -- administrators, office staff, nurses and physicians -- at multi-specialty outpatient surgery centers. Learn more about zChart.
Kaye/Bassman International. Greg Zoch, a partner and managing director with
Kaye/Bassman International, has served many of the industry's largest players
by finding top talent at the facility and corporate level; Mr. Zoch specializes
heavily in the ASC world. Learn more about Kaye/Bassman.
VMG Health. VMG Health is recognized by leading healthcare providers as one of the most trusted valuation and transaction advisors in the United States. Learn more about VMG.
Access MediQuip. Access MediQuip is one of the largest and most experienced providers of outsourced implantable device management solutions to the healthcare industry. Learn more about Access MediQuip.
|Upcoming ASC Events
16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs|
Oct. 8-10, 2009
The 8th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management Driven ASC Conference
June 10-12, 2010
For a complete list of upcoming events, click here
|ASC Quick Links
Learn more about VMG Health. |
Learn more about Ambulatory Surgical Centers of America.
Learn more about Amerinet.
Learn more about Serbin Surgery Center Billing.
|Editorial Contacts |
|For more information about print and online stories, please contact editorial. |
Editor in Chief
For more information about advertising and exhibiting, please contact sales at (800) 417-2035.
President and Chief Development Officer
Account and Circulation Manager
Account Managere-mail Kimberly