|Latest News & Analysis|
1. Owner of Cosmetic Surgery Clinics Pleads Guilty to Healthcare Fraud.
2. Statistics on Surgery Center Leverage Ratios.
3. ASC Administrator Expresses Concern Over Future of Surgery Centers in New Jersey.
4. Improve Your ASC's Profitability Immediately; Less Than 60 Spots Remain for 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, from Oct. 8-10 in Chicago. Learn more. The Westin Hotel, site of the conference, has limited remaining availability. To contact the Westin, click here. Alternative lodging options can be found by clicking here. For assistance and to register, call (703) 836-5904.
5. New Mexico Surgery Center, Hospital to Merge.
6. ASC Review Reader Survey-Share Your Insight: Please click here click here to take a
short, anonymous survey. In contributing to this survey, you'll help us
to improve our publications and better target our efforts. Thank you
very much!7. Abbott Acquires Visiogen for $400M.
8. Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ProVation Medical, ASCOA, SmartFund Medical and MEDtegrity.
9. AAAHC Institute Releases Three Quality Studies for Common Outpatient Procedures.
10. Remain Wary of Hoax E-mails, by Marion Jenkins, PhD, founder and CEO of QSE Technologies.
|Less Than 60 Spots Remain: 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs: Oct. 8-10, Chicago|
Now in its 16th year, this conference, presented by ASC
Communications, Ambulatory Surgery Foundation, ASC Association and Becker's
ASC Review, brings together surgeons, administrators, and surgery center
business and clinical leaders to discuss key business, financial, clinical and
legal issues facing ASCs such as benchmarking, cost cutting, safe harbors,
billing and coding, revenue growth and many more in specialties including
orthopedics, GI, ophthalmology, spine, ENT and bariatrics.
Other highlights include:
sessions providing great
practical guidance for surgeons, proceduralists, physician owners,
administrators and ASC leadership that can improve profits and
2. 97 industry expert speakers.
3. Networking with 650 surgeons, administrators, industry leaders, speakers and exhibitors.
4. Outstanding pre-conference workshop.
5. Registration discounts for Becker's ASC Review subscribers and members of the ASC Association.
Learn more about the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, and download the conference brochure by clicking here
. To register online, click here
or call (703)
* * *
|Please feel free to forward the E-Weekly to a colleague. If you know someone who would find the information in the E-Weekly valuable, they can join the free mailing list by sending an e-mail to Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in subscribing to our free hospital- and health system-focused e-weekly, click here; our free orthopedic and spine practice-focused e-weekly, click here; or e-mail your request to Scott Becker.
|10 Great Companies to Know
If you'd like more information about or an introduction to any of these companies, please e-mail Scott Becker.
Amerinet. As a leading national group purchasing organization, Amerinet strategically partners with healthcare providers to reduce costs and improve quality through its Total Spend Management solutions and operational performance improvement programs, tools and services. Learn more about Amerinet.
The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. AAAHC/Accreditation Association has become a leader in ambulatory healthcare accreditation with more than 4,000 organizations accredited nationwide, including endoscopy centers, ASCs, office-based surgery centers, managed care organizations, student health centers, and large medical and dental group practices. Learn more about AAAHC.
AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions. AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions, an IBM Business Partner, develops medical billing technology and offers billing and A/R services for ASCs. Learn more about AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions.
ProVation Medical. ProVation Medical has created ProVation EHR, an electronic health record designed for busy, cost-conscious ASCs. Learn more about ProVation Medical.
ASCOA. Since 1984, ASCOA's founders have helped physician-owners start and operate successful facilities; ASCOA currently owns and manages 34 facilities across the country with 14 others in development. Learn more about ASCOA.
SmartFund Medical. SmartFund Medical is a full service billing and collections company that specializes in ASC billing, coding, collections, patient payment programs, and funding accounts receivable. Learn more about SmartFund Medical.
MEDtegrity. The MEDtegrity Medical Laundry Network is a $500 million commercial laundry network and of one of the largest and most successful independent and family-owned laundries in the United States. Learn more about MEDtegrity.
mdStrategies. mdStrategies is a full-service coding, auditing, and education company focused on the ASC market, providing full-time and as needed coding
services, coding and reimbursement audits, as well as conducting
coding seminars and webinars. Learn more about mdStrategies.
Blue Chip Surgical Center Partners. Founded by ASC veteran Jeff Leland, Blue Chip holds an equity stake in its projects and also serves as a managing partner, with several highly profitable, physician-led centers in operation around the country and a number of projects in the works. Learn more about Blue Chip.
Surgical Notes. Surgical Notes is a nationwide provider of medical transcription, coding and other related value-added information technology services for ASCs. Read more about Surgical Notes.
|Upcoming ASC Events
16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs|
Oct. 8-10, 2009
The 8th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management Driven ASC Conference
June 10-12, 2010
For a complete list of upcoming events, click here
|ASC Quick Links
Learn more about VMG Health. |
Learn more about Ambulatory Surgical Centers of America.
Learn more about Amerinet.
Learn more about Serbin Surgery Center Billing.
|Editorial Contacts |
|For more information about print and online stories, please contact editorial. |
Editor in Chief
For more information about advertising and exhibiting, please contact sales at (800) 417-2035.
President and Chief Development Officer
Account and Circulation Manager
Account Managere-mail Kimberly