|Latest News & Analysis|
1. 66 Women to Know in the ASC Industry.
2. Nevada Pain Management Center Settles Medicare Fraud Allegations.
3. 10 Critical ASC Accreditation and Patient Safety Challenges and Best Practices to Overcome Them.
4. Improve Your ASC's Profitability Immediately: Less Than 65 Spots Remain for 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, from Oct. 8-10 in Chicago. Learn more. The Westin Hotel, site of the conference, has limited remaining availability. To contact the Westin, click here. Alternative lodging options can be found by clicking here. For assistance and to register, call (703) 836-5904. Learn more about great features of the conference below.
5. Renowned Cosmetic Surgeon Michael A. Epstein Shares His View of True Healthcare Reform.
6. Trends in Outpatient Anesthesia: Q & A With Dr. Irvin Thomas.
7. Dr. Lance Ferguson Comments on "Healthcare Reform: An Overview of Key Concepts." 8. Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA, VMG Health , SmartFund Medical and Surgical Notes.
9. Oklahoma Surgery Center Puts Prices on Display.
10. Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma Partners With Surgical Care Affiliates.
|Less Than 65 Spots Remain for 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs: Oct. 8-10, Chicago|
Now in its 16th year, this conference, presented by ASC
Communications, Ambulatory Surgery Foundation, ASC Association and Becker's
, brings together surgeons, administrators, and surgery center
business and clinical leaders to discuss key business, financial, clinical and
legal issues facing ASCs such as benchmarking, cost cutting, safe harbors,
billing and coding, revenue growth and many more in specialties including
orthopedics, GI, ophthalmology, spine, ENT and bariatrics.
Other highlights include:
sessions providing great
practical guidance for surgeons, proceduralists, physician owners,
administrators and ASC leadership that can improve profits and
2. 97 industry expert speakers.
3. Networking with 650 surgeons, administrators, industry leaders, speakers and exhibitors.
4. Outstanding pre-conference workshop.
5. Registration discounts for Becker's ASC Review subscribers and members of the ASC Association.
Learn more about the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, and download the conference brochure by clicking here
. To register online, click here
or call (703)
* * *
|Please feel free to forward the E-Weekly to a colleague. If you know someone who would find the information in the E-Weekly valuable, they can join the free mailing list by sending an e-mail to Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in subscribing to our free hospital- and health system-focused e-weekly, click here; our free orthopedic and spine practice-focused e-weekly, click here; or e-mail your request to Scott Becker.
|10 Great Companies to Know
If you'd like more information about or an introduction to any of these companies, please e-mail Scott Becker.
Serbin Surgery Center Billing. Serbin Surgery Center Billing was founded in 2001 to provide the answer to ASCs' complex and unique billing needs, providing expert and accurate coding, billing, collections, and managed care negotiations solely to the ASC industry. Learn more about SCB.
Raymond Fox & Associates. Raymond Fox & Associates is a full-service medical architectural firm that has completed over 4,000 projects ranging from small, single-specialty offices to large, multi-specialty medical office buildings and has been involved in over 400 surgical centers. Learn more about Raymond Fox & Associates.
Eveia Health Consulting & Management. Founded by I. Naya Kehayes, MPH, Eveia Health Consulting & Management is comprised of a team of seasoned professionals who are experts in reimbursement management, managed care contracting, and business management with a specialization in ASCs and surgical practices. Learn more about Eveia.
ASCOA. Since 1984, ASCOA's founders have helped physician-owners start and operate successful facilities; ASCOA currently owns and manages 34 facilities across the country with 14 others in development. Learn more about ASCOA.
VMG Health. VMG Health is recognized by leading healthcare providers as one of the most trusted valuation and transaction advisors in the United States. Learn more about VMG.
SmartFund Medical. SmartFund Medical is a full service billing and collections company that specializes in ASC billing, coding, collections, patient payment programs, and funding accounts receivable. Learn more about SmartFund Medical.
Surgical Notes. Surgical Notes is a nationwide provider of medical transcription, coding and other related value-added information technology services for ASCs. Read more about Surgical Notes.
Physicians Capital. This Nashville-based firm provides loans based solely on the future cash flow of a surgery or diagnostic center. Read more about Physicians Capital.
ProVation Medical. ProVation Medical has created ProVation EHR, an electronic health record designed for busy, cost-conscious ASCs. Learn more about ProVation Medical.
Practice Partners. Practice Partners in Healthcare takes great pride in the development, management and equity ownership with its physician and hospital partners. Read more about Practice Partners.
|Upcoming ASC Events
16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs|
Oct. 8-10, 2009
The 8th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management Driven ASC Conference
June 10-12, 2010
For a complete list of upcoming events, click here
|ASC Quick Links
Learn more about VMG Health. |
Learn more about Ambulatory Surgical Centers of America.
Learn more about Amerinet.
Learn more about Serbin Surgery Center Billing.
|Editorial Contacts |
|For more information about print and online stories, please contact editorial. |
Editor in Chief
For more information about advertising and exhibiting, please contact sales at (800) 417-2035.
President and Chief Development Officer
Account and Circulation Manager
Account Managere-mail Kimberly