|News & Analysis|
Sept. 7, 2010
1. Healthcare Fraud Investigations Increase;
Greater Caution Urged in ASC Share Sales to Physicians; 22 Dos and
Don'ts on Selling ASC Shares.
Court Rules Health Plan Administrator Abused Discretion in Determining
Discounted Rate was "Unreasonable," Case May Have Implications for OON
3. Critical Guidance for Complying With Anesthesia Infection Control Rules.
4. Last Day for Early Registration Discounts! Learn How to Grow Profits and Hear Bobby Knight, Tucker Carlson and 120 Focused ASC Speakers. Download the conference brochure and register today.
5. 10 Most-Read Articles on Becker's ASC Review in August 2010: Future of ASCs in Five Years - Predictions on the Most Common Ownership Model; 10 Top Concerns for Administrators; CMS Issues Proposed Rule on Changes to Stark In-Office Ancillary Services Exception; 5 Best Practices for Compensating Administrators; and More.
6. Colorado Governor Plans to Opt Out of Physician Supervision for Anesthesia.
Openings: Deuk Spine Institute located in Florida is Seeking a Spine
Surgeon, Interventional Pain Management Specialist, Spine Surgery
Fellowship Candidates and a Front Desk/Billing Supervisor.
8. 10 Sets of ASC Compensation Statistics.
9. Small Changes to Registration Script Language Can Be Big Boost to ASC Collections.
Featuresinsight from Bill Gilbert and Brice Voithofer of AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions.
10. Study: Non-Specialists Repeat Colonoscopies With Greater Frequency Than Gastroenterologists.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA
, Serbin Surgery Center Billing
, ASC Turnaround Group
and Surgical Notes