|News & Analysis|
August 3, 2010
1. Future of ASCs in Five Years: Predictions on the Most Common Ownership Model.
2. WSJ Column Discusses Declining Use of Medical Services, Including Outpatient Surgery.
3. 5 Best Practices for Compensating ASC Administrators.
4. Hear the Best Business Speakers in the ASC Business
at the 17th Annual Improving Profitability, and
Business and Legal Issues for ASCs Conference (Oct. 2010, Chicago). These include Dr. Michael R. Redler of The OSM Center; Dr. Brent Lambert, Founder of Ambulatory Surgical Centers of America; Dr. Richard Wohns, Founder of Neospine at South Shore Surgery; Kenny Hancock, CEO and Partner of Meridian Surgical Partners; and 119 more speakers for 83 sessions. Download the conference brochure and register today.
5. Guidance on How Anesthesiologists Can Help Offset ASC Costs.
6. Government Still Weighing Whether to Intervene in Case of Former CFO Accusing Indiana ASC, Hospital of Billing Fraud. 7. Job Openings: Spine Surgeon Sought to Join New Jersey (Edison) Practice. OR Supervisor and Spine OR Nurse Sought for Florida (Melbourne) ASC. OR Technician, Instrument Processing Technician and OR Nurse Supervisor Sought by New York (Garden City) ASC. 8. Wisconsin's Aurora Health Care to Build ASC in Same Town as Competing Facility. 9. Nominations sought for great ASC physician leaders and great ENT-driven ASCs. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. ASC Industry Leaders to Know: Larry Taylor, CEO of Practice Partners in Healthcare. Steven Geringer of AmSurg.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Monster
|17th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal
Issues for ASCs Conference: Oct. 21-23, Chicago|
Register today for the 17th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal
Issues for ASCs Conference (Oct. 21-23, 2010; Chicago) by clicking here
. This exclusive
conference, sponsored by the Ambulatory Surgery Association, Ambulatory
Surgery Foundation and Becker's ASC
Review, is focused on key business, financial,
clinical and legal issues facing ASCs. It brings together ASC business and strategy
discuss how to improve your organization and its bottom line in these
challenging but opportunity-filled times.
Here are just five of the 83 terrific sessions:1. Healthcare Reform and Its
Impact on ASCs - Brent W. Lambert, MD,
FACS, Principal & Founder, Ambulatory Surgical Centers of America, Tom Mallon,
CEO & Founder, Regent Surgical Health, Marian Lowe, Partner,
Strategic Health Care, Moderated and Led by David Shapiro, MD,
of Medical Affairs, AMSURG
2. Developing a Strategy for your ASC in Challenging Times -
Taylor, President & CEO, Practice Partners in Healthcare, Kenny Hancock,
President & Chief Development Officer, Meridian Surgical Partners, Joseph Zasa, JD,
Partner, ASD Management, William G. Southwick, President
& CEO, Healthmark Partners, Inc.
3. The Best Ideas to Immediately Improve the Profitability of
- Thomas S. Hall, Chairman, President & CEO, NovaMed, I. Naya Kehayes, MPH, Managing Principal
& CEO, Eveia Health Consulting & Management, Jeff
Leland, CEO, Blue Chip Surgical Center Partners, Caryl Serbin,
RN BSN LHRM, President & Founder, Serbin Surgery Center Billing
4. 10 Statistics Your ASC Should Review Each Day, Week, and
What to do About Them - Brian Brown, Regional Vice President,
Operations, Meridian Surgical Partners, and Reed Simmons,
Administrator, Treasure Coast Center for Surgery
5. 5 Steps to Have Your ASC Maximize its Profits - Chris Bishop,
Acquisitions & Business Development, Blue Chip Surgical Center Partners
For more information about the program, please download the conference brochure
(PDF), click here
or call (703) 836-5904.
There are four ways you can register:
Call (703) 836-5904 or (800) 417-2035.
Print the conference brochure
fill-out the registration on p. 7 and fax it to (703) 836-2090.
* * *
If you are interested in subscribing to our free hospital- and health system-focused e-weekly, click here; our free orthopedic and spine practice-focused e-weekly, click here; or e-mail your request to Scott Becker.
|For more information about print and online stories, please contact: |
Editor in Chief
For more information about advertising and exhibiting, please contact:
President and CEO