|News and Analysis|
August 3, 2011
1. 30 Predictions on the Future of Surgery Centers From 14 ASC Leaders.
2. Catholic Hospital Comes Under Fire for "Tying Tubes" at Joint Venture ASC.
3. 10 New Surgery Centers Opened, Announced in July.
4. Nearly 600 people registered for the Aug. 2 webinar on "ASCs - the State of the Industry; Consolidation vs. Independent; How to Work With Service Providers; ACOs and Healthcare," which featured Brian Mathis of Surgical Care Affiliates, Julie Dietz and Orrin Marcella of GE Healthcare and Scott Becker of McGuireWoods. Look in the Aug. 5 Becker's ASC Review E-Weekly for a link to a summary of the webinar and to download a recording of the program.
5. Merging an Independent Orthopedic Group With a Hospital-Employed Orthopedic Group: Q&A With Dr. Thomas Miller of Carilion Clinic Orthopaedics.
6. Florida Pain Management Physician Cleared in Medicare Fraud Case.
7. Symbion Partners With Montana's Great Falls Clinic.
8. 90 Sessions on Critical Business, Legal and Clinical Issues at the 18th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference (Oct. 27-29, 2011; Chicago). Highlights Include 132 Best-in-the-ASC-Business Speakers and Great Keynote Speakers Including Bill Walton, Sam Donaldson and Adrian Gostick. Learn more and register today!
9. Oklahoma Surgery Center, Specialty Hospital Pay $1M for Failure to Control Regulated Drugs.
10. Colorectal Cancer Rates, Deaths Fall as More Patients Undergo Screening.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA, VMG Health, ASD Management and Surgical Notes.
|18th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference: Improving Profitability & Business and Legal Issues|
|This exclusive conference -- the Best Annual ASC Business & Clinical Conference -- is presented by Becker's ASC Review, ASC Communications, the ASC Association and the Ambulatory Surgery Foundation and takes place Oct. 27-29 at the Westin Michigan Avenue in Chicago. It brings together surgeons, administrators and ASC business and clinical leaders to discuss how to improve your ASC and its bottom line in these challenging but opportunity-filled times. Learn more about the conference by clicking here.
Highlights include: 1. 90 Sessions, 132 Speakers
2. Great keynote speakers including Bill Walton, Hall of Fame NBA Basketball Player; Sam Donaldson, ABC News Veteran and former Chief White House Correspondent for ABC News; and Adrian Gostick, Author and Global Thought Leader on Workplace Strategy3. Discounts for registering early, when registering two or more attendees, and for ASC Association members and paid Becker's ASC Review subscribers4. Earn your CME, CASC and CEU Credits5. Here are just four of the conference's great sessions:
A. Benchmarking for GI Centers -- Robert Estes, VP Operations, and Susan Kramer, Director of Clinical Support, Physicians Endoscopy
B. Developing a Spine-Driven ASC: the Essentials for Success -- Kenny Hancock, President & Chief Development Officer, Meridian Surgical Partners
C. Effective Clinical Benchmarking and Infection Control -- Regina Robinson, Director, Peninsula Surgery Center
D. Cost Reduction and Benchmarking - 10 Key Steps to Immediately Improve Profits -- Rob Westergard, CPA, CFO, Susan Kizirian, COO, and Ann Geier, RN, MS, CNOR, CASC, Vice President of Operations, ASCOA
Learn more about the conference by clicking here.
Register online by clicking here. You can also call (703) 836-5904 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To sponsor or exhibit at the conference, contact Jessica Cole at email@example.com.