|News and Analysis|
September 19, 2011
1. Preparing for an ACO-Like Model: Thoughts From OASCA's David Schlactus.
2. Proposed New Jersey Surgery Center in Franklin Lakes Overcomes Significant Hurdle.
3. 10 Steps to Save on Supplies and Equipment in an ASC.
4. Though Similar to ASCs, Imaging Centers Experiencing Harder Times.
5. 18th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference (Oct. 27-29, Chicago) to include keynote speaker Sam Donaldson discussing politics in Washington. He will also moderate a panel on the future of healthcare with Congressman Dr. Tom Price, ASCOA CEO Dr. Brent Lambert, Regent Surgical Health CEO Tom Mallon and PHA President Mike Russel. Less than 25 spots left. Register today! 6. Lawmakers Note Limits of Kentucky Law Letting Optometrists Do Eye Surgery
. 7. Electronic Health Records: Ready, Set, Go-Live.
8. Study: Surgeons Working Part-Time Vs. Retiring May Mitigate Workforce Shortage.
9. Job Opening: Montana's Great Falls Clinic Market CEO.
10. Missouri Health System Acquires Majority Stake in Local Surgery Center.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: SourceMedical Revenue Cycle Solutions, ASCOA, ASD Management and Surgical Notes.
|18th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference: Improving Profitability & Business and Legal Issues|
This exclusive conference -- the Best Fall ASC Business & Clinical Conference -- is presented by Becker's ASC Review, ASC Communications, the ASC Association and the Ambulatory Surgery Foundation and takes place Oct. 27-29 at the Westin Michigan Avenue in Chicago. It brings together surgeons, administrators and ASC business and clinical leaders to discuss how to improve your ASC and its bottom line in these challenging but opportunity-filled times. Learn more about the conference by clicking here.
Highlights include: 1. 90 Sessions, 132 Speakers
2. Great keynote speakers including Bill Walton, Hall of Fame NBA Basketball Player; Sam Donaldson, ABC News Veteran and former Chief White House Correspondent for ABC News; and Adrian Gostick, Author and Global Thought Leader on Workplace Strategy3. Discounts when registering two or more attendees, and for ASC Association members and paid Becker's ASC Review subscribers4. Earn your CME, CASC and CEU Credits5. Here are just four of the conference's great sessions:
A. Benchmarking for GI Centers - Robert Estes, VP of Operations, and Susan Kramer, Director of Clinical Support, Physicians Endoscopy
B. Cost Reduction and Benchmarking - 10 Key Steps to Immediately Improve Profits - Rob Westergard, CPA, CFO, Susan Kizirian, COO, Ambulatory Surgery Centers of America
C. Physician-Hospital Joint Ventures - How to Resolve Conflict and Keep the Venture Thriving - Dawn McLane, Regional VP, Health Inventures, and Tom Yerden, CEO, TRY Healthcare Solutions
D. Accreditation 101, Everything You Need to Know About Accreditation - Bernard McDonnell, DO, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program
Learn more about the conference by clicking here.
Register online by clicking here. You can also call (703) 836-5904 or e-mail email@example.com. To sponsor or exhibit at the conference, contact Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.