|Latest News & Analysis|
1. Study Commissioned by ASC Coalition Finds ASCs Pivotal in Moving Services to Clinically Appropriate, Less Expensive Settings.
2. Gastroenterology in ASCs: 10 Fast Facts.
3. Improving and Maintaining Profitability in Orthopedic and Spine Practices: 12 Areas of Focus.
4. Eye Surgeon Facing Medicare Fraud Accusations Found Dead, Likely Suicide. Don't Miss Dr. Kent Sasse Discuss "Bariatrics: The Next Five Years" at the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, from Oct. 8-10 in Chicago. Learn more.
5. Regulation of Office-Based Surgeries in New York Effective July 14. Some Physicians Struggling to Meet Requirements; Surgery Centers Report Growth.
6. Opportunities for Growth in Ophthalmology Through Efficiency and Added Services.
7. ASCs in Danger of Being Excluded from HITECH Incentive Funds, by Sean Benson of ProVation Medical.
8. Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: VMG Health, ASCOA, ProVation Medical and Amkai.
9. Plans for Surgery Center Dropped by Massachusetts Hospital After Protests by a Hospital and Local Officials.
10. Kentucky Surgery Center Partners With Surgical Care Affiliates.
11. Virginia Surgery Center, Co-Owned by United Surgical Partners International, to Relocate, Construct New Facility.
12. New Surgery Center Opens in Idaho.
The Sept./Oct. issue of Becker's ASC Review
will highlight "40 ASC women leaders to know." E-mail Scott Becker (email@example.com
) to make a nomination for this list or to learn more about the Sept./Oct. issue of Becker's ASC Review
|16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs: Oct. 8-10, Chicago - Register Today and Save!|
Five of the great topics on the program agenda:
Outstanding and Profitable Pain Management Centers, Making Pain Profitable --
Robin Fowler, MD, Interventional Spine and Pain Management Ambulatory Surgical
Management in ASCs: Clinical and Business Issues -- Scott Glaser, MD, DABIPP,
Pain Specialists of Greater Chicago
Thoughts on Improving the Profits of Ophthalmology in ASCs -- John Fitz, MD,
Surgery Center of Farmington
to Add Spine to an ASC and How to Make Spine Profitable -- Joseph Stapleton, MD
and Jordi Kellogg, MD, East Portland Surgery Center, With Introduction
by Jeff Leland, CEO, Blue Chip Surgical Partners
Internal Controls that are Necessary to Prevent Fraud at Your ASC: A
Real Life Experience -- Sam Rice, MD, Treasurer, Doctors' Surgery
Center of Apple Valley
Learn more about the 16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs, and download the conference brochure by clicking here
. To register online, click here
or call (703)
* * *
|Please feel free to forward the E-Weekly to a colleague. If you know someone who would find the information in the E-Weekly valuable, they can join the free mailing list by sending an e-mail to Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in receiving our free hospital- and health system-focused e-weekly, click here to subscribe or e-mail Scott Becker.
|10 Great Companies to Know
If you'd like more information about or an introduction to any of these companies, please e-mail Scott Becker.
Foundation Surgery Affiliates. FSA is a healthcare management organization specializing in project development, innovative facility design, partner recruitment and facility operations. Read more about FSA.
ASC Billing Specialists. ASC Billing Specialists is a billing company dedicated to the needs of the ASC market, specializing in both out-of-network and in-network facilities. Learn more about ASC Billing Specialists.
JCB Laboratories. JCB Laboratories is a compounding pharmacy that serves the ASC market place and focuses exclusively on preparing sterile products. Learn more about JCB Labs.
VMG Health. VMG Health is recognized by leading healthcare providers as one of the most trusted valuation and transaction advisors in the United States. Learn more about VMG.
ASCOA. Since 1984, ASCOA's founders have helped physician-owners start and operate successful facilities; ASCOA currently owns and manages 34 facilities across the country with 14 others in development. Learn more about ASCOA.
ProVation Medical. ProVation Medical has created ProVation EHR, an electronic health record designed for busy, cost-conscious ASCs. Learn more about ProVation Medical.
Amkai. Amkai is a software company with 20-plus years of experience delivering administrative and clinical solutions to ASCs, surgical hospitals and physician practices. Read more about Amkai.
Surgical Anesthesia Services. Surgical Anesthesia Services delivers comprehensive anesthesia services exclusively to ASCs across the United States, with each ASC receiving a dedicated anesthesia team which does not rotate between competing facilities. Learn more about Surgical Anesthesia Services .
Practice Partners. Practice Partners in Healthcare takes great pride in the development, management and equity ownership with its physician and hospital partners. Read more about Practice Partners.
Serbin Surgery Center Billing. Serbin Surgery Center Billing was founded in 2001 to provide the answer to ASCs' complex and unique billing needs, providing expert and accurate coding, billing, collections, and managed care negotiations solely to the ASC industry. Learn more about SCB.
|Upcoming ASC Events
16th Annual Improving Profitability, and Business and Legal Issues for ASCs|
Oct. 8-10, 2009
The 8th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management Driven ASC Conference
June 10-12, 2010
For a complete list of upcoming events, click here
|ASC Quick Links
Learn more about VMG Health. |
Learn more about Ambulatory Surgical Centers of America.
Learn more about Amerinet.
Learn more about Serbin Surgery Center Billing.
|Editorial Contacts |
|For more information about print and online stories, please contact editorial. |
Editor in Chief
For more information about advertising and exhibiting, please contact sales at (800) 417-2035.
President and Chief Development Officer
Account and Circulation Manager