|News & Analysis|
April 22, 2011
1. What Should Your Surgery Center Pay its Employees?
2. Indiana Health System Acquires Surgical Hospital, Converts it to Surgery Center.
3. 134 Speakers Announced for 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference.
4. Early Registration Discounts End May 1 for the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11, Chicago). Register today!
We are seeking speaking proposals for the 18th Annual ASC Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (Oct. 27-29; Chicago). The conference generally has an audience focused on ASC owners and administrators. To suggest a topic or speaker, please email email@example.com.
5. 5 Questions for Surgeons Considering Investing in Surgery Centers. Features insight from Dr. Pedro Vergne-Marini of Physicians' Capital Investments.
6. When to Open an Empty Surgery Center Operating Room: Q&A With Joseph Zasa of ASD Management. Learn more about ASD Management.
7. Next Week: 2 Free Upcoming Webinars -- 1) Impact of Regional Anesthesia on Quality, Cost and Satisfaction - Minor Changes, Immediate Impact (4/26). Register by clicking here. 2) EHR in the ASC: How to Drive Cost Savings With Point-of-Care Charting (4/27). Register by clicking here.
8. Harvard Drug Group Pays $8M to Settle Claims of Failure to Report Suspicious Drug Orders.
9. 18 Statistics on General Surgery in ASCs.
10. Recruiting Physicians Takes Twice as Long as a Decade Ago.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Provista, ProVation Medical, NovaMed and VMG Health.
|9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and |
ASC Conference (June 9-11; Chicago)
Hear keynote speakers including Legendary NFL Football Player and Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower, and learn practical guidance to boost your ASC's profitability immediately at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference: Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11; Chicago). Registration spots are going fast so register today! 95 percent of exhibits sold out.
Highlights include: 1. 101 sessions and 134 speakers, including 25 CEOs and 30 physician leaders as speakers, focused on immediately useful guidance for orthopedic, spine and pain management surgeons who own ambulatory surgical centers
2. Great keynote speakers including legendary NFL Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower3. Last year's event included 725 attendees and 65 exhibitors4. Register before May 1 and save $100; additional discounts when registering 2 or more attendees, and for ASC Association members and paid Becker's ASC Review subscribers5. Here are just four of the more than 100 sessions:
A. Improving Managed Care, Contracting Results - A Case Study Step by Step Approach - I. Naya Kehayes, MPH, Managing Principal and CEO, and Matt Kilton, MBA, MHA, Princpal and Chief Operating Officer, Eveia Health Consulting and Management
B. Co-Management Arrangements - Stuart Katz, Executive Director, FACHE, CASC, Tucson Orthopedic Surgery Center
C. Information Technology for Surgery Centers - Achieving Positive Outcomes and Avoiding Complications - Marion Jenkins, PhD, Founder & CEO, QSE Technologies, Inc., Todd Logan, Vice President Sales - Western Region, and Ron Pelletier, Vice President, SourceMedical
D. Reducing Implant Costs - Terry L. Woodbeck, CEO, Tulsa Spine and Specialty HospitalLearn more about the conference by clicking here.
Register online by clicking here. You can also call (703) 836-5904 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To sponsor or exhibit at the conference, contact Jessica Cole at email@example.com.