|News & Analysis|
April 15, 2011
1. 10 Traits of Highly Successful ASC Administrators.
2. Obama's Plan to Reduce Deficit Will Preserve Medicare, Medicaid But Includes "Tough Cuts."
3. New Session on ACOs has Been Added to the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11, Chicago). Early registration discounts end May 1 so register today! 4. How the Recent Flurry of Transactions Will Impact ASCs: Q&A With Kevin McDonough of VMG Health.
5. RAC Demand Letters: Surgery Centers Fight Back.
Written by Cristina Bentin, CCS-P, CPC-H, CMA, President, Coding Compliance Management
.6. Ohio Physician Sues After State Decertifies Him.
7. 6 Key Concerns for Surgery Centers When Selecting New Cases.
Features insight from Dawn Q. McLane of Health Inventures
8. 2 Free Upcoming Webinars: 1) Impact of Regional Anesthesia on Quality, Cost and Satisfaction - Minor Changes, Immediate Impact (4/26). Register by clicking here. 2) EHR in the ASC: How to Drive Cost Savings With Point-of-Care Charting (4/27). Register by clicking here.
9. Decrease in Outpatient Surgery Spurs 20% Income Drop for Novant Health.
10. NV Medical Board Reinstates License of Urologist Suspended for Repeated Uses of Single-Use Device.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: AAAHC
, Surgical Care Affiliates
|9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and |
ASC Conference (June 9-11; Chicago)
Hear keynote speakers including Legendary NFL Football Player and Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower, and learn practical guidance to boost your ASC's profitability immediately at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference: Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11; Chicago). Registration spots are going fast so register today! 95 percent of exhibits sold out.
Highlights include: 1. 101 sessions and 134 speakers, including 25 CEOs and 30 physician leaders as speakers, focused on immediately useful guidance for orthopedic, spine and pain management surgeons who own ambulatory surgical centers
2. Great keynote speakers including legendary NFL Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower3. Last year's event included 725 attendees and 65 exhibitors4. Register before May 1 and save $100; additional discounts when registering 2 or more attendees, and for ASC Association members and paid Becker's ASC Review subscribers5. Here are just four of the more than 100 sessions:
A. Pain Management, The Best Practices in Office and ASCs - Nameer R. Haider, MD, Spinal & Skeletal Pain Medicine
B. How to Determine When to go In Network vs. Out of Network - Thomas J. Bombardier, MD, FACS, Principal & Founder, ASCOA
C. Establishing and Operating Successfully in a Small Market - Joseph Zasa, JD, Partner, ASD Management, and TK Miller, MD, Associate Professor, Dept. of Surgery, VTC School of Medicine, Medical Director,
Roanoke Ambulatory Surgery Center, Carilion Clinic Orthopaedics/Sports Medicine
D. Business Planning for Orthopedic and Spine-Driven Centers - Jeff Leland, CEO, Blue Chip Surgical Center PartnersLearn more about the conference by clicking here.
Register online by clicking here. You can also call (703) 836-5904 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To sponsor or exhibit at the conference, contact Jessica Cole at email@example.com.