|News & Analysis|
April 13, 2011
1. Physician-Owned Device Companies: A New Warning Bell is Rung.
2. Chicago Surgery Centers Searched, Surgeons Subpoenaed in Probe of ASC Owner, Political Fund-Raiser.
3. New Session on ACOs has Been Added to the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11, Chicago). Early registration discounts end May 1 so register today!
We are also seeking outstanding speakers on ancillary income opportunities for each orthopedics, spine and pain physicians. If you have a suggestion, please e-mail Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. 4 Initial Thoughts on the Relationship Between Surgery Centers and ACOs.
5. Florida Orthopedic Group Sues Osler Medical for Failing to Recognize Agreement Termination.
6. 22-Count Indictment Accuses Texas Oral Surgeon of Conspiracy, Medicaid Fraud.
7. 5 Ways an Ambulatory Surgery Center's Size Impacts its Business.
8. 2 Free Upcoming Webinars: 1) Impact of Regional Anesthesia on Quality, Cost and Satisfaction - Minor Changes, Immediate Impact (4/26). Register by clicking here. 2) EHR in the ASC: How to Drive Cost Savings With Point-of-Care Charting (4/27). Register by clicking here.
9. 2011 Musculoskeletal Coding Update.
Written by By Rosalind Richmond of GENASCIS
.10. Endo Pharmaceuticals' Purchase of Pelvic Firm Shows Quest to Diversify.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA
, SourceMedical Revenue Cycle Solutions
and VMG Health
|9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and |
ASC Conference (June 9-11; Chicago)
Hear keynote speakers including Legendary NFL Football Player and Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower, and learn practical guidance to boost your ASC's profitability immediately at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference: Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11; Chicago). Registration spots are going fast so register today! 95 percent of exhibits sold out.
Highlights include: 1. 101 sessions and 134 speakers, including 25 CEOs and 30 physician leaders as speakers, focused on immediately useful guidance for orthopedic, spine and pain management surgeons who own ambulatory surgical centers
2. Great keynote speakers including legendary NFL Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower3. Last year's event included 725 attendees and 65 exhibitors4. Register before May 1 and save $100; additional discounts when registering 2 or more attendees, and for ASC Association members and paid Becker's ASC Review subscribers5. Here are just four of the more than 100 sessions:
A. Pain Management, The Best Practices in Office and ASCs - Nameer R. Haider, MD, Spinal & Skeletal Pain Medicine
B. How to Determine When to go In Network vs. Out of Network - Thomas J. Bombardier, MD, FACS, Principal & Founder, ASCOA
C. Establishing and Operating Successfully in a Small Market - Joseph Zasa, JD, Partner, ASD Management, and TK Miller, MD, Associate Professor, Dept. of Surgery, VTC School of Medicine, Medical Director,
Roanoke Ambulatory Surgery Center, Carilion Clinic Orthopaedics/Sports Medicine
D. Business Planning for Orthopedic and Spine-Driven Centers - Jeff Leland, CEO, Blue Chip Surgical Center PartnersLearn more about the conference by clicking here.
Register online by clicking here. You can also call (703) 836-5904 or e-mail email@example.com. To sponsor or exhibit at the conference, contact Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.