|News & Analysis|
March 30, 2011
1. Federal Investigation to Examine Whether Blue Cross Blue Shield's Pricing is Anti-Competitive.
2. Rhode Island Governor Wants to Eliminate State's Certificate of Need Process.
3. Should you sell your ASC? What price? Find out at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11, Chicago). If interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this event, e-mail Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 417-2035.4. 7 Best Practices for Pain Centers.
5. Connecticut ASC Ophthalmologists Under State Review for Required Hospital Coverage. 6. 6 Observations About Orthopedic-Driven ASCs. 7. 7 Points on ASC Nurse Employment and Pay.
8. Free Webinar: EHR in the ASC: How to Drive Cost Savings (April 27, 1:15-2:15 Central). To register, click here.
9. Buyer Beware: 9 Factors to Consider When Purchasing Remanufactured or Refurbished Medical Equipment.
Written by Joseph Keane of STERIS Corp.
10. 6 Strategies for Surgery Centers to Address Drug Shortages.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA
, SourceMedical Revenue Cycle Solutions
, VMG Health
and ASC Turnaround Group
|9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and |
ASC Conference (June 9-11; Chicago)
Hear keynote speakers including Legendary NFL Football Player and Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower, and learn practical guidance to boost your ASC's profitability immediately at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference: Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11; Chicago). Less than 200 registration spots remain; register today! Highlights include: 1. 101 sessions and 134 speakers, including 25 CEOs and 30 physician leaders as speakers, focused on immediately useful guidance for orthopedic, spine and pain management surgeons who own ambulatory surgical centers
2. Great keynote speakers including legendary NFL Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower3. Last year's event included 725 attendees and 65 exhibitors4. Register before May 1 and save $100; additional discounts when registering 2 or more attendees, and for ASC Association members and paid Becker's ASC Review subscribers5. Here are just four of the more than 100 sessions:
A. Co-Management Arrangements - Stuart Katz, Executive Director, FACHE, CASC, Tucson Orthopedic Surgery Center
B. Can an ASC Improve Profits Through Market Consolidation - William J. L. Kennedy, MBA, SVP Business Development, NovaMed, Inc., and Michael Weaver, Vice President, Symbion, Inc.
C. Key Ideas for Improving Orthopedic Practice Profits - David Wold, Chief Operating Officer, Illinois Joint & Bone Institute
D. The Best Ideas Now; 3 Ways to Improve Physician Owned Hospital Profits - Tom Mallon, CEO, Regent Surgical Health, Paul Kerens, Senior Executive Officer, Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute, Michael J. Lipomi, Surgical Management ProfessionalsLearn more about the conference by clicking here.
Register online by clicking here. You can also call (703) 836-5904 or e-mail email@example.com. To sponsor or exhibit at the conference, contact Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.