|News & Analysis|
March 23, 2011
1. 70 of the Best Pain Management Physicians in America.
2. Surgical Care Affiliates Sells Rhode Island Surgery Center to Hospital, Continues as Manager.
Learn more about Surgical Care Affiliates
3. Will Practice Acquisitions Kill ASCs? Learn the answer to this question and many more, and hear Coach Mike Ditka at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11, Chicago). Less than 215 registration spots remain; register today! See below for additional information. If interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this event, e-mail Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 417-2035.4. New Bills Would Repeal Ban on Physician-Owned Hospitals.
5. 5 Ways a Surgery Center's Location Impacts its Business.
6. New York Surgeons to Request CON for Lockport Surgery Center Despite Hospital Protest.
7. 8 Challenges and Opportunities for Large Multispecialty Surgery Centers.
8. Proposed Rules Issued Requiring All New Jersey Physician Surgical Practices to Be Inspected and Registered.
9. 6 Issues Facing Hospital CEOs in 2011 and Beyond.
10. 10 Recent Nursing Strikes, Lawsuits and Unionizations at U.S. Hospitals.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: MEDtegrity
, ASD Management
and Surgical Notes
|9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and |
ASC Conference (June 9-11; Chicago)
Hear keynote speakers including Legendary NFL Football Player and Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower, and learn practical guidance to boost your ASC's profitability immediately at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference: Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11; Chicago). Less than 215 registration spots remain; register today! Highlights include: 1. 101 sessions and 134 speakers, including 25 CEOs and 30 physician leaders as speakers, focused on immediately useful guidance for orthopedic, spine and pain management surgeons who own ambulatory surgical centers
2. Great keynote speakers including legendary NFL Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower3. Last year's event included 725 attendees and 65 exhibitors4. Register before May 1 and save $100; additional discounts when registering 2 or more attendees, and for ASC Association members and paid Becker's ASC Review subscribers5. Here are just four of the more than 100 sessions:
A. Threats to Physicians and Strategies to Protect Your Practice and Investment - Robert M. Schwartz, Executive Director, Proliance Surgeons, Inc.
B. Leveraging Ideas from Other Industries to Improve ASC Profits - W. Michael Karnes, Chief Financial Officer, Regent Surgical Health, and Michael Rucker, EVP and COO, Surgical Care Affiliates
C. Key Ideas for Improving Orthopedic Practice Profits - David Wold, Chief Operating Officer, Illinois Joint & Bone Institute
D. Business and Financial Relationships with Hospitals - Co-Management, Joint Ventures and Employment - Ed Hetrick, President & CEO, Facility Development ManagementLearn more about the conference by clicking here.
Register online by clicking here. You can also call (703) 836-5904 or e-mail email@example.com. To sponsor or exhibit at the conference, contact Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.