|20 of the Most Popular Articles on www.BeckersASC.com|
|1. Statistics on Surgery Center Staff Hourly Wages and Administrator Salary by Region, from the VMG Health 2008 Intellimarker.
2. 44 ASC Management and Development Company CEOs to Know.
3. Establishing an ASC: A Primer From A to Z.
4. Will the Federal Government Shut Down Surgery Centers and Physician-Owned Hospitals?
5. 11 Key Concepts From the Stark Law.
6. 50 Management and Development Companies to Watch for 2009.
Featured Speakers at 7th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management Driven ASC Conference from June 11-13 in Chicago: Randi Pisko, CEO, North Carolina Specialty
Hospital, and Richard F. Bruch, MD, Triangle Orthopaedic Associates, will discuss "Key Strategies for Controlling Implant Costs in
ASCs and Surgical Hospitals." Learn more.
7. 6 Trends in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. 8. Compensation Offered to
Recruited Orthopedic Surgeons.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA; Mnet Collection Agency; and HealthMark Partners.
9. Statistics on Surgery Center Average Staff Hours Per Case (by Case Volume), from the VMG Health 2008 Intellimarker.
10. 4 Steps to Bring an ASC to 100 Percent Capacity, by Tyler Merrill of ASCOA.
11. Should You Sell Your ASC: Assessing Your Value and the Pros and Cons, by Kenneth Hancock of Meridian Surgical Partners.
12. 10 ASC Billing Mistakes From Caryl Serbin and Judith English of Serbin Surgery Center Billing.
13. Results of 2009 HealthCare Appraisers Surgery Center Valuation Survey.
14. 96 Questions to Ask When Reviewing
Managed Care Contracts, by Naya Kehayes of Eveia Health Consulting & Management and Scott Becker.
15. 10 Steps to Prepare for and Respond to Anesthesia Subsidy Requests.
16. 30 Orthopedic Procedures Added to Medicare ASC List in 2008 Which Are
Advantageous to Perform.
17. Great ASCs to Work For in 2008.
18. Revenue Per Case by Specialty in ASCs, from the VMG Health 2008 Intellimarker.
19. 22 Gastroenterologists to Know.
20. Ophthalmology Salary Statistics by Region.
|7th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management Driven ASC Conference - Improving Profits, and Business & Legal Issues: June 11-13, Chicago - Register Today!|
Five of the great topics on the program agenda:
Case Study - Two Years Later, A Physician-Owned
Spine ASC: A Frank and Open Discussion of Financial Performance,
Organizational Issues, Challenges and Problems -- John Caruso, MD, Parkway Surgery Center, Hagerstown, Maryland
A Payor's View of Orthopedics, Spine and Pain
Management -- Steven Stern, MD, VP Neuroscience, Orthopedics and Spine, United Healthcare
Hand Surgery in ASCs - Key Concepts for Success -- Ed Rudisill, MD, The Hand Center, Greensville, SC
An Analysis of Clinical Outcomes for Spine:
Procedures Performed in ASCs -- Ken Pettine, MD, Loveland Surgery Center
Physician Owned Hospitals - What Should You Do
Now? -- Brett Gosney, CEO, Animas Surgical Hospital, and Ajay Mangal, MD, CEO, Prexus Health
Learn more about the 7th Annual Orthopedics, Pain Management and
Spine Driven ASC Conference and download the conference brochure by clicking here
. To register online, click here
or call (703)
* * *
|Please feel free to forward the E-Weekly to a colleague. If you know someone who would find the information in the E-Weekly valuable, they can join the free mailing list by sending an e-mail to Scott Becker at email@example.com.
If you are interested in receiving our free hospital- and health system-focused e-weekly, click here to subscribe or e-mail Scott Becker.
|10 Great Companies to Know
If you'd like more information about or an introduction to any of these companies, please e-mail Scott Becker.
SourceMedical. SourceMedical is the leading provider of outpatient information solutions and services, collectively serving ASCs and surgical hospitals. Learn more about SourceMedical.
VMG Health. VMG Health is recognized by leading healthcare providers as one of the most trusted valuation and transaction advisors in the United States. Learn more about VMG.
Access MediQuip. Access MediQuip is one of the largest and most experienced providers of outsourced implantable device management solutions to the healthcare industry. Learn more about Access MediQuip.
ASCOA. Since 1984, ASCOA's founders have helped physician-owners start and operate successful facilities; ASCOA currently owns and manages 34 facilities across the country with 14 others in development. Learn more about ASCOA.
Mnet Collection Agency. Mnet Financial, the preferred collection agency service vendor to United Surgical Partners and Health Inventures, is a receivables management company offering cost effective ways to increase cash flow and reduce debt for professional services. Learn more about Mnet Financial.
HealthMark Partners. HealthMark Partners owns and operates single and multi-specialty ambulatory surgery centers throughout the United States by creating joint-ventures with physicians or physicians and hospitals. Read more about HealthMark.
Meridian Surgical Partners. Meridian aligns with physicians in the acquisition, development and management of multi-specialty ASCs and surgical facilities. Read more about Meridian.
MedHQ. MedHQ is an expert in accounting, revenue cycle, human resources and credentialing services and provides these business office functions to hospitals, ASCs, imaging centers and physician practices nationwide. Learn more about MedHQ.
Surgical Anesthesia Services. Surgical Anesthesia Services delivers comprehensive anesthesia services exclusively to ASCs across the United States, with each ASC receiving a dedicated anesthesia team which does not rotate between competing facilities. Learn more about Surgical Anesthesia Services.
Prexus Health. Prexus Health is a 100 percent physician-owned company that specializes in the development and management of multi-specialty, physician-owned ASCs and small hospitals. Learn more about Prexus Health.
For more information about print and online stories, please contact editorial.
Editor in Chief
For more information about advertising and exhibiting, please contact sales at (800) 417-2035.
President and Chief Development Officer