|March/April Issue of Becker's ASC Review|
March 9, 2011
Download the Digital Edition of the March/April Becker's ASC Review (pdf). 1. 6 Key Legal Issues Facing Ambulatory Surgery Centers. 2. 7 Costs Your ASC Could Cut in 2011. 3. 12 Recent ASC Transactions.
4. 25 CEOs and 30 Physician Leaders Present at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11, Chicago). Less than 250 registration spots remain so reserve your space today! See below for additional information. If interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this event, e-mail Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 417-2035.
5. Publisher's Letter: ASC Industry Growing, Chains More Active, Existing ASCs Working to Improve; 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC (June 9-11, Chicago).
6. 7 Steps for ASCs to Take Before Partnering With a Hospital or Management Company.
7. 3 Frequently Asked ASC Valuation Questions.
8. 9 Biggest Issues for Orthopedic Surgeons in 2011.
9. Spine Surgery in 2011 and Beyond: 7 Points About the Future of Spine Surgery.
10. 5 Areas Profitable ASCs are Still Leaving Money on the Table.
11. 5 More Physician Statistics ASCs Should Track and Benchmark.
12. 8 Areas to Reinvest in an ASC.
13. 4 Ways Surgeons Can Increase ASC Distributions.
14. 4 Kinds of Physicians Who Have Not Yet Invested in an ASC.
15. 12 Decisions That Can Cripple a Surgery Center.
16. Money-Makers: 15 Statistics on Physician Compensation.
17. ASCs Play an Important Role in ACOs.
18. Outpatient Spine: 6 Big Questions.
19. Are You an Excellent Employer: Professional Employer Organizations for Your Healthcare Human Resource Functions.
20. 4 Ways for ASCs to Provide Competitive Benefits.
21. 5 Ways to Incent Good Behavior With Staff Bonuses.
22. 10 Recent Findings on Anesthesia Quality Issues.
23. 3 Ideas for Boosting GI Case Volume Through Marketing.
24. ASC Best Practice: Communicate and Confirm Patient Financial Responsibility Prior to Day of Surgery.
25. 10 Assertions Payors Make in ASC Contract Negotiations and How to Respond.
26. California ASCs Face 20% Reduction in Workers' Compensation Reimbursement.
27. 10 Key ASC Managed Care Contract Provisions and Terms to Know.
28. 17 Steps to Take When a Payor Changes Payment System From Medicare-Grouper to APC-Based.
29. 8 Ways to Limit Vendor Reps' Influence Over ASC Surgeons.
30. 4 Biggest Opportunities in Spine Surgery: From Spine Surgeon Dr. Jay Khanna of Johns Hopkins.
31. Physician/Hospital Contracting - A Compliance Approach: 11 Key Concepts.
32. Interpreting the New Medicare Same-Day H&P Guidance for ASCs.
View these stories and download the entire issue.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Vantage Outsourcing
, Interventional Management Services
and Surgical Notes
|9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and |
ASC Conference (June 9-11; Chicago)
Hear keynote speakers including Legendary NFL Football Player and Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower, and learn practical guidance to boost your ASC's profitability immediately at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference: Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11; Chicago). Less than 250 registration spots remain; reserve your spot today! Highlights include: 1. 101 sessions and 134 speakers, including 25 CEOs and 30 physician leaders as speakers, focused on immediately useful guidance for orthopedic, spine and pain management surgeons who own ambulatory surgical centers
2. Great keynote speakers including legendary NFL Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower3. Last year's event included 725 attendees and 65 exhibitors4. Register before May 1 and save $100; additional discounts when registering 2 or more attendees, and for ASC Association members and paid Becker's ASC Review subscribers5. Here are just four of the more than 100 sessions:
A. The Changing Face of Healthcare Delivery - What to Expect Over the Next Ten Years - Joe Flower, CEO, The Change Project
B. Is There a Place for Orthopedics in ACOs? - Michael Redler, MD, The OSM Clinic
C. Top Traits of ASC Leaders and How to Recognize Them - Greg Zoch, Partner, Kaye-Bassman
D. How to Immediately Improve Your Golf Swing - Aaron Bergman, PGA Golf Pro Learn more about the conference by clicking here.
Register online by clicking here. You can also call (703) 836-5904 or e-mail email@example.com. To sponsor or exhibit at the conference, contact Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage companies, ASC and practices to hold their team and company meetings in conjunction with the Conference and provide substantial discounts in registration to encourage the same. If you have any questions or an interest in doing so, please also contact Jessica Cole (email@example.com) or Cathy Brett (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call (800) 417-2035.
* * *
If you are interested in subscribing to our free hospital- and health system-focused e-weekly, click here; our free orthopedic and spine practice-focused e-weekly, click here; or e-mail your request to Scott Becker.
|For more information about print and online stories, please contact: |
Editor in Chief
For more information about advertising and exhibiting, please contact:
President and CEO